SITE SPONSOR NEEDED: Need to buy Header Gaskets

1slowbusa

Registered
Hi,

Site sponsor needed, I will be installing a exhaust system within the next couple of weeks and need some header gaskets. Thanks

Chances are they don't need to be replaced. They are reusable, just make sure you snug down the new exhaust properly.

In all my years doing this I think I've changed maybe 3 sets, and those were on race bikes were the engines were taken in and out constantly.

Hi,

Site sponsor needed, I will be installing a exhaust system within the next couple of weeks and need some header gaskets. Thanks

POWERHOUSE has them in stock, we always do. Suzuki recommends changing them whenever an exhaust is installed, and we do too. The last thing we need is an exhaust leak on anything.:whistle:

I've had three exhausts on my current bike and never changed the gaskets. In fact I've never changed them on any bike. No issues.

I've had three exhausts on my current bike and never changed the gaskets. In fact I've never changed them on any bike. No issues.

In forty years I've changed more exhausts than I can count, always changed the gaskets and never had an issue. Go figure!
IMO it is bad practice for a shop to cheap out like that when people are spending good money on exhausts and tunes and turbos. The day you have to take an exhaust back off or a turbo because you didn't use $30 worth of gaskets you will regret it. Cutting corners will bite you on the :moon:

To each his own . . .:laugh:

The gaskets are not for multiple use, they crush to conform to the head and teh exhaust pipe. Do it right or not at all, why take a chance for the sake of saving a few dollars. How much is your time worth to redo the installation if you have an exhaust leak. Listen to Frank, he has tremendous experience and expertise. Just my opinion, your choice.

Jim

gaskets are so cheap! why anyone wud chance re-using them and havn an exhaust leak and then hav to take everything apart again is beyond me.

I've put aftermarket systems on all three of my Busas and never used new gaskets and never had any leaks(though all 3 were changed out within 500 miles so gaskets were reasonably new,if they're old,crusty,and burned up I'd use new ones).Pretty sure Brock said just to flip the gaskets over so that's what I've always done and never any issues,easy enough to fire the bike up and check for leaks before buttoning everything back up,installing fairings,etc.

I'll just take a second to note that Rcc use to include oil pan, and clutch cover gaskets in their stage 2 and up kits. Not exhaust gaskets. With how undeniably complete Richards kits are, if they absolutely needed them to be replaced to get the maximum performance out of his kits, they would be included with them. They're just $30 right? I mean after all, he is in the business of replacing people's exhaust systems... :poke:

I'll just take a second to note that Rcc use to include oil pan, and clutch cover gaskets in their stage 2 and up kits. Not exhaust gaskets. With how undeniably complete Richards kits are, if they absolutely needed them to be replaced to get the maximum performance out of his kits, they would be included with them. They're just $30 right? I mean after all, he is in the business of replacing people's exhaust systems... :poke:
its called attention to detail Rob. its a $30 part. if thats the attention to detail u giv ur customers then u won't be in business long..... does Richard need to supply you with lock tite too so the bolts don't back out? or maybe he shud supply u with locking header bolts. or maybe he needs to supply ppl with engine ice for their plenum that comes with the Ultra kits.

maybe the gasket is on its last leg and about to start leaking. ur just gonna roll the dice..... REPLACE it!

ur missing the point here Rob its essentially FREE insurance and a real PITA to take everything apart again wen everything was already apart so just replace them. its not rocket science!

I've been in business this long, and keeps picking up significantly. Without selling everyone exhaust gaskets... Until I run in to an issue with one leaking, I'll reconsider. Until then that $30 can go to more deserving details that need attention.
Thanks for your concern though. :beerchug:

its called attention to detail Rob. its a $30 part. if thats the attention to detail u giv ur customers then u won't be in business long..... does Richard need to supply you with lock tite too so the bolts don't back out? or maybe he shud supply u with locking header bolts. or maybe he needs to supply ppl with engine ice for their plenum that comes with the Ultra kits.

maybe the gasket is on its last leg and about to start leaking. ur just gonna roll the dice..... REPLACE it!

ur missing the point here Rob its essentially FREE insurance and a real PITA to take everything apart again wen everything was already apart so just replace them. its not rocket science!

Richard is not a big fan of replacing exhaust gaskets and neither is Brock (even though he suggests using high temp silicone). It may shock you to know that there are many things Richard and I disagree on, its called having your own opinion, which I do. That opinion is based on years in the business, I have seen re-used exhaust gaskets leak and I will never install an exhaust without new gaskets. Every factory service manual for all four major brands recommends replacing exhaust gaskets when the exhaust is installed. Yes, its called attention to detail and being proactive.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. To the original OP: POWERHOUSE has exhaust gaskets in stock if you need them. :laugh:

I have to remove the right side tube every time I change the oil filter. Never had an exhaust leak. A couple summers ago I lost both bolts out of one cylinder and made dozens of 1/4 mile passes before I replaced the bolts. No leak. I don't know what you guys are doing to your bikes to make them leak!

Back