Longer and Lower - Swing Arm Extensions

08busadon

Registered
:dunno:When you extended the swing arm, and lower the bike, how low is everyone going front and rear?

I am extending mine this weekend ( 6" ), and i have bought the lowering links and triple clamp, but woundering how low can i go without having clearance issues?

:dunno:

Thanks,
Don

Just put extensions on mine, went about 8". I have read many different posts on here and elsewhere, it seems to be personal preference. I posted some pics of it after extensions on here under 08 busa and new pics. Good luck and let me know what you decide and how it turns out.

I saw the pics of yours, i like the way your exaust turned out.
Last month someone tried to steal my ride out of my carport. They took a screwdriver to the ignition. Had i not had the forks locked they would have pushed it on down the driveway, but instead they left it laying on it's side. Did $4700 in damages (OEM replacements ). So I am taking the insurance money, minus the deductible and doing some mods that I've been wanting to do anyway. In a way I guess I could thank the thieves, but it's been hell dealing with the insurance company.

Mods being done: levers, windscreen, swingarm extensions, lowering links, lowering triple clamp, vodo short slip ons, front and rear sets.

I'll post pics once i get it back.

wish i could help you bro... I think I'm going for about a 4" stretch with maybe a 1" lower F & R... Somebody will chime in soon! :thumbsup:

I don't have any personal experience with it. I have heard that you have to be careful not to go to low because the top box on the stock swingarm can hit the battery mount. I have also seen in other threads that you can go about 1.25" in the front without a problem. For the back, get the lowering kit from Soupy's. at least then you can always adjust it without removing everything.

I used soupy's links on the rear and love them. They're top drawer. You can put it where you want it. I had a set of 4 hole and gave them away. No adjustment. The adjustability was worth the price. :) I lowered the front 1" and the rear about 1 1/2" and stretched it about 4". The problem I had wasn't the battery box, though I could see that on a stock length bike. If you lower too much in the rear with a stretch, the tire eats the tail light under hard acceleration or rough roads. And that bad boy's hongry too. :) You can forget about impressing sweet thang with a ride on the back as well. But if you're like me, sweet thang can ride her own bike, I want my scooter to look cool. :)

:dunno:When you extended the swing arm, and lower the bike, how low is everyone going front and rear?

I am extending mine this weekend ( 6" ), and i have bought the lowering links and triple clamp, but woundering how low can i go without having clearance issues?

:dunno:

Thanks,
Don

For what?????

I went +8 and have some pretty bad traction problem now.

Im going to take it down to +5 or 6.

Also... i weigh a lot (270), so the middle link on a standard lowering link will be too much, you will have to stiffen up the rear spring.

If i had it to do over i would definitely get the soupys lowering links. The adjustability would be so nice right now.

Back