Long Time Fan, First Time (Busa) Owner...

Psychlz

Registered
Hi Folks,

I've been riding and racing since I was a kid, but never got around to owning a Hayabusa until last week. I have a ZX-14 that I use(d) for the strip, but after customizing the hell out of it, I pretty much just want it to be a show queen. My goal was to find a 'beater' for the strip but after seeing my Hayabusa for sale online, I couldn't resist. She's a 2006 w/ 1,285 miles, absolute showroom condition - the only mod being a throttle meister - which I totally love! I don't think she's quite as fast as my '14, but I still appreciate her for being stock, strong, and able to corner! Another thing I've always dug about the 'busa is the flake in the stock paint - mine has some crazy green that flickers in the grey (and the blue has flake as well). Best factory paint I've had on any of my bikes (although my FJR has a pretty nice factory job also). The only thing bugging me thus far is the ridiculous mud flap - so I'm looking for a replacement undertail. Any ideas or other 'must have' suggestions appreciated. No, it isn't a Gen II, a ZX-14 - or my last Suzuki - an '06 Gixxer Thou - but it is VERY special to me . . . my beautiful and first - HAYABUSA!

IMG_7343.1 [Desktop Resolution].jpg

IMG_7357 [Desktop Resolution].jpg

IMG_7333 [Desktop Resolution].jpg

IMG_7355.1 [Desktop Resolution].jpg

:welcome: to the org. Ya they are both fast. Cant deny that one. BUT now your part of the best org. in the world:thumbsup:

There is ALOT of stuff to do to your busa that will leave you saying which is really faster.

Enjoy your new toy and stick around. We like to pick on 14's:laugh::lol:

Nice bike bro. I'm glad to see you followed the :rulez: without being told to post up pics. :welcome: to your new family. You're love for the 14 will change the more you ride the busa. Congrats and enjoy!

Your bike is sweet. Welcome to the org. It's a great place to hang out.

Congrats and welcome! You will get lots of comparison questions about the 14 and Busa. :welcome:

Trim it or cut it completely off. They have a few different undertail kits that look really nice too. Welcome to the org, love your bike!

:welcome:to the Org.
That is a beautiful bike. Still like brand new with the original tires. If you were looking for a "beater", you sure missed it there. That's about as far from a beater as you can get. Congratulations.:beerchug:

Now, how about a picture or 2 of the 14.

:welcome:to the Org.
That is a beautiful bike. Still like brand new with the original tires. If you were looking for a "beater", you sure missed it there. That's about as far from a beater as you can get. Congratulations.:beerchug:

Now, how about a picture or 2 of the 14.

First, thank you all for the warm welcome and compliments (and ribbing on the '14....lol). I really appreciate it. Yes, the Busa isn't a beater but the fellow seemed eager enough to sell it, and I felt $6800 was a pretty decent price. The '14 and I 'bonded' with asphalt last year so after rebuilding it, I just cannot see selling it. I've attached a few pics as requested and hope you all can find it in your hearts to forgive me for holding the competition so dear:D

IMG_5725.1 [Desktop Resolution].jpg

IMG_5735II [Desktop Resolution].jpg

IMG_7401.1 [Desktop Resolution].jpg

IMG_7411 [Desktop Resolution].JPG

IMG_7428.1.jpg

That 14 is a sweet looking bike. Nice job on it.:welcome: to the org. You got a great deal on the busa. best colors too.

First, thank you all for the warm welcome and compliments (and ribbing on the '14....lol). I really appreciate it. Yes, the Busa isn't a beater but the fellow seemed eager enough to sell it, and I felt $6800 was a pretty decent price. The '14 and I 'bonded' with asphalt last year so after rebuilding it, I just cannot see selling it. I've attached a few pics as requested and hope you all can find it in your hearts to forgive me for holding the competition so dear:D
Whoa:shocked:! That's quite a paint job. See what you mean by "show queen".

did you just refer to the zx-14 as competition??

:corner:

Thanks for all the compliments, guys....much appreciated. Oh - and sorry, kokomobusa - of course the '14 isn't competition - ZX-14s and busas go together like peanut butter-n-jelly! At least in my garage...lol. Although I am quite proud that I ran a best of 9.39 @ 146 mph on the '14 in show-queen mode...but for some reason, I just don't like running it much these days! I think the main thing is cleaning those damn gold anodized wheels - NOT fun! But I've sure missed taking corners on that thing and not having to worry about speed bumbs ripping my oil pan off, so having the Busa is great! I'm looking forward to learning more about her and spending way more money than I should!

Back