Long Time Rider, 1st Busa

Busa_J

Registered
Hello all, thanks for letting me join. I've ridden lots of different bike and the last 2 were a 1991 and 1999 zx11 which were great for long trips. I haven't ridden in about 2 years and was thinking of giving it up due to the new dangers of people texting and driving and causing more accidents than before but I did say to myself if I ever came across a Hayabusa then I will keep riding. I recently bought a Busa for a steal because summer is pretty much over, the fairings has cracks in it and it has 56,475 miles on her but she runs and sounds great. I've only ridden her twice at a short distance because she's not registered yet and I am currently fixing the blemishes in the fairings and then painting. So far the Busa seems very easy to handle and not at all intimidating like I thought it would be. I can't wait to get her finished and go riding. I thinking I could end up falling in love with this bike. Happy riding and be safe. Thanks:thumbsup:

Welcome aboard. There's members here with 100k miles and still going strong. You should have a lot of miles of fun in that motor if they kept up with maintenance and didn't abuse it too bad. Forum rule is that you need to post pics or it didn't happen.

She's a big pussycat at normal legal speeds. It's when you get above 9000 RPM that she really screams. I have a couple of long on ramps to I-25 and I love to fly on up and merge on next to the car that I was lined up with when I took off. I'll do 1-2 up to 90 indicated and clutch in and shift up to 6th. They are usually quite surprised as I pass them. That 1-2 shift is amazing. She pulls just as hard through 5th gear and a little less in 6th. Amazing machine.

Reactions: Zee
Back