Long time rider, first time Haybusa

JesseJames

Registered
So there I was...

Looking at my 2002 GSXR750, so many memories, miles, ups and downs, adventures, accidents... My poor baby, you need paint, fluids, brakes, tune up, tires, scrubbing.

You've been dropped, hit, slid, and dinged... you deserved so much better.
Yet there you were... impressing girls, cruising me through the black hills, taking pics with me at Mt Rushmore, squashing the rumors that "Anyone with a sportbike at Sturgis will get their asses kicked!". Popping my first wheelie, getting me through horrible rain storms when I had no car, parking when there was no room, driving me to finals in the snow when i had no other option, I was young, you were young, we both made mistakes and here we are. Faced with the horrible truth. Our run is over. It isn't worth it anymore. It'll cost too much money. It's time to move on. You deserve better... So I ended it today.

Two years I didn't ride.

I hated it.

Getting older. Heavier.

Couldn't stand to be on a cruiser. I had ridden a couple. Hated the response, sluggishness compared to my GSXR.

Hayabusa. The squid machine. The one thing that tools and douches were known to ride without a helmet/gear and no concern for safety.

Researched reviews. Watched them, read them. Apparently the new models were the top notch of comfort, touring, speed and the perfect blend of forgiveness.

I signed the paperwork and called my insurance, just to get a test ride.

It was glorious. My GSXR750 was like supped up mustang, and controlling the Hayabusa was like driving an Ashton Martin, in that it was more powerful, yet quiet, constant, pulling, smoothing... F'ing glorious.

I had no idea it could feel so good on a sportbike. What I knew, was a lie. Sportbikes could be a jack of all trades, you don't have to sacrifice for comfort. I loved it. I bought it.

Here I am.

Looking forward to learning all there is about my new ride, and very thankful I didn't assume the reputation with this beast, but decided to evaluate it on my own.

Ride safe my friends.

JesseJames

DSC01563.jpg

15 model ? or a 14 ? Welcome to the site :) My brother , and I have a 14/15 models . My 14 has the haybusa in gold like yours while his has it in red on the 15 model . FYI everyone wants to race you on the road . At least here in Houston Tx. area

I can attest to what C10 said. You now own an iconic king of the streets. Only problem is techniccly nowadays it really isnt. Get to modding that thing so you dont end up on you tube getting deatroyed by a beemer. We dont need anymore of that lol

Dark3 I had a R8 Audi act a foul on me yesterday on I-10 east . I didnt play with him due to heavy traffic , but I though for sure he was going to wad it up infront of me . I have to admit I have never seen a car changes lanes so fast , and stay perfectly flat ( no body roll ) @ 100 plus MPH . He must of thought I was going to run him down .

Mt. Rushmore...

Sturgis..

Black Hills?

Its good to see another Busa owner in the Hills!

I'm a long time lurker myself, I finally pulled the trigger to sign up myself.

Back