long stacks.

nickxxxr

Registered
so i still cant find the answer im looking for. all seems to be biased. i want to exchange my two short veocity stacks for two long ones. my bike is totally stock minus a 43t sprocket and yoshi rs-3 slipons. will it harm the motor in any way? will i see any power increase in any way on a stock bike? i will be getting an ecu flash as soon as i get the funds together for a full system, but id like to wait til than. so... will it hurt to swap them and will it make any difference??

so i still cant find the answer im looking for. all seems to be biased. i want to exchange my two short veocity stacks for two long ones. my bike is totally stock minus a 43t sprocket and yoshi rs-3 slipons. will it harm the motor in any way? will i see any power increase in any way on a stock bike? i will be getting an ecu flash as soon as i get the funds together for a full system, but id like to wait til than. so... will it hurt to swap them and will it make any difference??

No it wont hurt. Increases low end power. I have all 4 long oem stacks myself. Bike runs perfect and a little noticeably better on the low end.

Like Russell says, 4 long stacks will give you better low-mid range power, especially if you get your ECU re-flashed to match it.

I have the same thing done on my '06 and it is a much better ride. (For my riding style, anyway.)

I want the low end power. But i wanted to make sure it wouldnt harm a stock bike and if you could feel the power difference or you needed to tune it first.

Sent from mobile device

I want the low end power. But i wanted to make sure it wouldnt harm a stock bike and if you could feel the power difference or you needed to tune it first.

Sent from mobile device

I dont have a tune yet and I noticed a definite difference :thumbsup:

Anyone know of good prices on the long stacks?? Sponsors?:whistle:

I just picked up 2 long oem ones from a member who was nice enough to ship them to me in return i gave him my short ones :thumbsup:

I had my sights set on a set on ebay. Are you wanting real expensive aftermarket ones? Those start at like $150 and do the same thing :laugh:

I bought the FP Velocity stacks but if you're on a budget, just find another .Org member who wants to run all short stacks and do a swap.

From Pashnit? I seen them and was gonna order but i couldn't figure out for the life of me how to specify long or short. And the description made them sound more like a set of long. I could be wrong though

Sent from mobile device

From Pashnit? I seen them and was gonna order but i couldn't figure out for the life of me how to specify long or short. And the description made them sound more like a set of long. I could be wrong though

Sent from mobile device

I got mine off eBay but if you contact Tim at Pashnit, he'll sort you out.

Back