Long Island guys

Glad everyone had a good time. Sorry I couldn't make it.
Been so busy with the house I'm ashamed to even look at my bike just sitting there not being used much. I must to get it out soon. Have not ridden her in about 2 months.:(

I'd like to do an overnight run somewhere northerly in July. Maybe Mass., New Hampshire, etc. Dunno. Figure leave Saturday morning, ride for 4-6 hours, spend night and return Sunday. Any ideas?

Hhmmmm, a Vanderbilt mansion? Novel idea...
cool.gif
The only problem I see with Newport during summer is traffic. I will check motorcycletripsusa for possible routes/tips.

Would you be riding or driving/trailering to LI Lisa?

07/12-13/08
Bypassing Cape and Newport RI this trip on account of summer traffic and no vacancies or rooms <$200.00/night.

Tentative plan on a ride from LI to North New Salem (top of Quabbin Reservoir). The only definate(maybes) thus far;
Rte 7 through CT to MA 23 to US 202 to North New Salem
(122 from there to Paxton supposed to be a nice road also as per usmotorcycleroads.com)
I guess we'll be looking to spend night somewhere, and meet up with whoever is interested on way. Suggestions? Boston? Further north?

Would like to possibly return on Rte 169 back from Southbridge MA to Norwich CT then maybe rte 1 along coast back to either Ferry, or around.

Conversing with Gixxer, Grumpy and TDuck for route. May just stay westerly go north and avoid coast all together.

Looks like we may head North from NYC area on 95 to route 7 in CT and go North from there through Mass and into VT. In Bennington pick up route 9 and run it east to route 100. Then take route 100 North and see where we end up for the night. There are a bunch of ski resorts on Route 100 to choose from. Figure on about an easy minimal 8 hour ride.
Roll from LI early. Looking at 0730 crossing of bridge.

Who's in?

I could only do the Saturday run since my wife will be out of town that week. Count me in for the 12th.

Sounds good Carl. I have no idea how far North we are going to go. I have two guys who may join and don't know what kind of mileage they are into. It's looking like I will be solo. Jen decided to attend soccer camp instead.

yeah, sounds like you might be on your own for this one out of the stable
sad.gif
I'm getting some craptola from Alison, you know why she's moody, I might have to sit this one on the sidelines
argue.gif

Looks like we may head North from NYC area on 95 to route 7 in CT and go North from there through Mass and into VT. In Bennington pick up route 9 and run it east to route 100. Then take route 100 North and see where we end up for the night. There are a bunch of ski resorts on Route 100 to choose from. Figure on about an easy minimal 8 hour ride.
Roll from LI early. Looking at 0730 crossing of bridge.

Who's in?
bump.gif

Your in for it now running solo.
thumb_up.gif

I'll meet you in Western Ct but we are staying off 7 thru Mass.( To many traffic control signals)

I have dozens of roads to take you on into VT.

Feel more than welcome to stay at our place.

In fact I would be insulted if you didn't.

Hey Charlie,

I can't make this one, just realize I have to take the wife to JFK Saturday morning. The weather looks good for the weekend, hope you guys have a safe ride.

Ride Report, what I did this weekend;
- 849.8 miles.
- No traffic and smooth sailing from LI to the Mass border. The Merrit Pkway was a nice choice.
- Meeting up with T-Duck, Bansh and an 08 with a 4-1 Yosh that was "stolen" from dealer. Is he a member?
- Seeing an emergency stoppie go bad on a brand new CBR1000RR, and Dr. Duck fixing it. That could've been so much worse than it was. Hope your buddy is okay Bansh.
- Dueling the tar snakes in Northern Mass.
- Watching the T-Duck magnetism in action and meeting a Bucksland Mass. County Officer in the middle of the road...
- More nice roads in southern and central Vt.
- Good Birthday Dinner with T-Duck, MzDuck and Tonner. He really should get that pasta.
laugh.gif

- some good leg stretching on the slabs.
- A late model charger challenge a Hayabusa. Sorry, I just wasn't up for crushing his pride. It was crushed shortly after by a VT State Trooper and a drivers award one exit after we split ways!
- No pics besides the fixed RR.

Thanks again Tim, great time. I need to work on my wrist to build up to the mileage you ride in a day.  
thumb_up.gif

Good luck with calipers. My battery was giving out at last two fuel stops. I guess it's time.
Be safe!

Well PD covered about everything we did in the 24 hours we spent together.

Sorry for the lack of pics but we weren't stopping for anything but crashes and police.( 1 incident each )

The repaired CBR 1000 PDBusa and Bansh, unknown 08 owner and Bansh young friend with the 1000.

DSCF0769.JPG

Back