LOCKED MOTOR

fredvance

Registered
I just bought a "salvage" 07 busa,I got ready to start it and the motor wont turn over.I pulled the plugs and still no go. Is it passible that something other than a siezed motor is the problem? maybe starter clutch or what else.The bike only has 2000mi.Idont want to pull the motor down if I dont have to. FRED

do you here any sort of sounds to indicate that it is trying to turn over? If not, check fuses for safety kill switch and check ground wires.

see if you can manually move the pistons if you can get something on the crank,if not she is shot and needs a rebuild.

I just bought a "salvage" 07 busa,I got ready to start it and the motor wont turn over.I pulled the plugs and still no go. Is it passible that something other than a siezed motor is the problem? maybe starter clutch or what else.The bike only has 2000mi.Idont want to pull the motor down if I dont have to. FRED
How salvage is the bike?feel of kickstand salvage or wrecked & mangled salvage?

Damage to the bike,alternator cover holed,1header pipe dented, muffler and intermediate pipe damaged,lots of body rash.My first busa.Been riding Hondas forever.
When i hit the starter you can hear it try and turn over.I put a socket on the bolt u use to turn the motor over to adjust the valves and it wont budge.

I had seen a old mechanic dump motor oil down the spark plug holes and let it sit for a while and it worked. The only bad thing it is going to smoke like hell for a little while if it starts.

Damage to the bike,alternator cover holed,1header pipe dented, muffler and intermediate pipe damaged,lots of body rash.My first busa.Been riding Hondas forever.
When i hit the starter you can hear it try and turn over.I put a socket on the bolt u use to turn the motor over to adjust the valves and it wont budge.
WHAT YOU describe is exactly what my boat moter did,and I had to have it re-built..sorry bro,that sux

alternator cover holed?
pull the cover to see the damage,like stator all bound up or end of the crank damaged

If you can't get the pistons to move at all put WD-40 down the spark plug holes and let it sit over night. Then try to turn the engine over by hand if they don't moved somthin in the engine is locked up!

bump.gif

Back