Lock Down Again

In metropolitan MELBOURNE AUSTRALIA for the next 6 weeks I was just starting to pile up the KM on my bikes to Now I have to find a longer route to work and home again My other passion going to the gym is over again to I hope the world finds a vaccine for the virus soon because its not going anywhere May be I am being a little selfish about this but rant over :thumbsup:

I read that in the news about your being locked down...many of the US states are locking down again and starting to enforce wearing masks..

Same as here, as of Monday we have to wear masks when being in closed areas (stores, etc).

I've read that because this virus is like the flu virus and mutates, a vaccine will only be effective for some strains of Covid...we will have a cold and flu season along with a Covid season I guess...

In metropolitan MELBOURNE AUSTRALIA for the next 6 weeks I was just starting to pile up the KM on my bikes to Now I have to find a longer route to work and home again My other passion going to the gym is over again to I hope the world finds a vaccine for the virus soon because its not going anywhere May be I am being a little selfish about this but rant over :thumbsup:

Rant away.. I did yesterday..
I was listening to the "experts" the other day, and they have been working on a vaccine for Corona Viruses for 30 years and haven't cracked it yet.. I'm not holding my breath waiting..

One wonders how long we can hold off the steam roller that's coming, before we succumb and step aside and it just plows through, clearing a way for those left standing..

Back to the Monash fwy, (the onramps become my play ground), and into the city for work and back again.. GGrrrrrr ...
One small thing that helps is our workplace has a gym shich is of course locked down, unless your lucky and have full 24x7 access to the building.. The benefit of working in IT :confused:

New normal indeed. I've set up a room in the house as a gym. The gym used to be the only social life I had besides work. I don't deal with change well but luckily it's only change for a short time, and then becomes routine. I still ride on the weekends and the scooter to work every day. Patience and it will settle down to wherever we're headed. Two wheels forever :)

This virus isn't going anywhere....it will be around just like the other viruses we have.

I have read they are comparing this pandemic to others we have had in the past but with the ability to get anywhere in the world in a matter of hours has allowed this virus to spread very quickly.

The media has to be shut up somewhat as they are creating fear and paranoia. Many people hang on to each and every word they read, see or hear on TV and it's not healthy to be subjected to the hourly report on numbers of cases. If this were done during the normal flu season (which is kind of a pandemic in it's own right) people wouldn't be leaving their houses...

Man I feel for you guys... we have it under control here in NZ.
It helps being a tiny wee island nation surrounded by thousands of miles of ocean.
Everything is normal here except our borders are closed (airports and sea ports)
It's under control until the minute you open your country up to outside visitors.....then it will be back.

in the united states its not if your going to get the virus any more , its when you get the virus, and the biggest question is are you going to survive the virus ?

After a lot of soul searching, ( and I mean a lot, anger, frustration, bewilderment and tears), over the last few weeks, I have come to accept that myself and some close to me, in all probability will get it at some stage and if we survive great and if we go the other way, I accept that.. I may not like it, but it is what it is.

Apologies for being so blunt if I offend anyone,
I was taught early on to stand up for myself, fight when all else fails, and be proud of who I am. Now I feel like I'm running away and trying to hide from the fog..

After a lot of soul searching, ( and I mean a lot, anger, frustration, bewilderment and tears), over the last few weeks, I have come to accept that myself and some close to me, in all probability will get it at some stage and if we survive great and if we go the other way, I accept that.. I may not like it, but it is what it is.

Apologies for being so blunt if I offend anyone,
I was taught early on to stand up for myself, fight when all else fails, and be proud of who I am. Now I feel like I'm running away and trying to hide from the fog..

The mortality rate of this virus isn't very high, many get it and don't even know they had it. If you catch the flu often (annually) then you most likely will catch this....

I am like you, I don't get caught up in the paranoia, I live life.

The mortality rate of this virus isn't very high, many get it and don't even know they had it. If you catch the flu often (annually) then you most likely will catch this....

I am like you, I don't get caught up in the paranoia, I live life.

You live life, as long as the authorities allow you to. That's the sticking point for me... so many talking head "experts" telling us what to do without actually knowing if it'll help. One day it's "wear a mask", the next day "the masks do nothing". "Herd immunity" is what we need but "total lockdown so no one gets it" is what plays out. "Flattening the curve" was so everyone developed immunity over time but hospitals weren't overwhelmed, but then it turned into the governments aiming for zero positive cases and taking extremely drastic measures to try to make that happen.

Then politics came into play.... people out protesting and rioting are OK but folks going to the beach on Canada Day are displaying "human behavior at its worst" by being at the same outdoor place at the same time. Hypocites and idiots are running the world.... the crazies have taken over the asylum.

You live life, as long as the authorities allow you to. That's the sticking point for me... so many talking head "experts" telling us what to do without actually knowing if it'll help. One day it's "wear a mask", the next day "the masks do nothing". "Herd immunity" is what we need but "total lockdown so no one gets it" is what plays out. "Flattening the curve" was so everyone developed immunity over time but hospitals weren't overwhelmed, but then it turned into the governments aiming for zero positive cases and taking extremely drastic measures to try to make that happen.

Then politics came into play.... people out protesting and rioting are OK but folks going to the beach on Canada Day are displaying "human behavior at its worst" by being at the same outdoor place at the same time. Hypocites and idiots are running the world.... the crazies have taken over the asylum.

As long as the media keeps everyone in a state of fear and paranoia, the government's job is easy.

The time will come when we will HAVE to get out of this or our economy will tank, we are on the verge of that now.

I the same token, what people are doing now they should always be doing, not open coughing or sneezing, washing hands more often..

And stores should always have been cleaning better...I'd wager before all this happened, it was years since the shopping cart handles have been sanitized...

I just read a news report talking about "mask shaming" people who aren't wearing masks and how the pandemic is an avenue to trample people's rights.

The anti-vaxxers are up in arms as the government is talking about mandatory covid vaccines. I'm not against vaccines as I have an immunization book an inch thick...

I wonder how many people would get a covid vaccine and not a flu vaccine??

Don't feel too bad about your selfishness because I feel the opposite. I hope we do get the lockdown here again because I love to be at home! So far looks like school will be opening. We are planning meetings so back to business I guess.:confused:

Back