Busa Down AGAIN!!!

SpeedAdict

Gabe
Donating Member
Registered
Well boys and girls my bike took a spill again. Same bike that got hit by a car and got custom  painted with the issurance money. No one hurt and kinda of a trival spill.  She went over in my garage when my father was trying to help me with something.  He has never been around bikes and inadvertently pushed on the back tire when he was laying on the ground.  Well it was just enough to fold the kickstand and I was on the other side of the garage with just enough distance between us for me to do nothing.  She hit the floor with the grace of a rock out of the sky.  My paint work on the left side is rashed along with my mirror.  My PMR switch is toast.  Bar ends and resivour cover are rashed, and my painted windscreen is in multiple peices. The real unfortunate part is that my wifes says to pay for the repair but I know with a new baby a few months away that it would be pretty selfish to repaint the bike.  So I will put a new windsheild on her and buff up what I can buff up and maybee next year I will be able to repaint.  Just wanted to share guys, thanks for reading, as I know at least some of you are cringing as you read.  It makes me feel better to know that there is another anal rententive person out there that doesn't like issues with there bike.  If anyone has got an extra windscreen for sale send me a PM, maybee we can work something out.  I got some pics i will post later.

Gabe, I am sick... we both know that this is not the way to start over! I have a windscreen on order, when it comes in, I will send you mine... I can't believe it
sad.gif

That sucks! I have had similar things happen. At least it isn't real bad and can still be ridden. I bet alot of the scratches will buff out with some polish. That is awesome that you are expecting a new baby. Keep us up to date on the buffing and the baby.

Sorry for the spill. Do you park your bike in neutral. I make sure to park mine in gear and make sure all the slack is out of the drivetrain to assure it can't roll forward. I know that won't help you now, but it might help you or another owner in the future. Now what cover do you need, the clutch fluid cover? Do you have stock bar ends? I have a stock cover and bar end I will send you no charge. Also have a stock windscreen.

Man, sorry to hear, glad no one was hurt. I wonder if the kick stand mod would have prevented this from happening?

I hope dear Old Dad has gotten over it! Just tell him sh!t happens and you should have had it in gear.
beerchug.gif

I have a brand new NEVER used Zero gravity Dark Smoked windscreen u can have bro. I ordered it for my 2008 but like a DUMBA55 i wasnt paying attention that it wouldnt fit. It looks just like the stock windscreen, but completely dark smoked out...looks so nice..i already took of the zero gravity logo.

this is my gift to u since ur about to have a kid. PM if u want it..send me your address.

take care..good luck with the kid.

Wow, that sucks! At least no one was hurt because I thought you were going to say that your father was underneath when it collapsed. Don't have much extra right now, but have at least a stock bar end I can send you.

Sorry for the spill. Do you park your bike in neutral. I make sure to park mine in gear and make sure all the slack is out of the drivetrain to assure it can't roll forward. I know that won't help you now, but it might help you or another owner in the future. Now what cover do you need, the clutch fluid cover? Do you have stock bar ends? I have a stock cover and bar end I will send you no charge. Also have a stock windscreen.
I was about to type this.

sorry to hear,can you post a pic?
you should be able to compound and wax the hell out of it to get the rash out,eso if you got a good paint job..i laid mine down doing about 50mph,entire brake side and nose was scratched to sh!t,i thought i had to replace the nose and fairing,alot of elbow grease and you cant even tell,and she is black,ill post a pic,you see if you can tell

font_fender.jpg

glad no one got hurt...congrats on your soon to be new arrival
beerchug.gif

Back