Liscence plate mounted vertically .....

Out here I got stopped. Officer told me it could be mounted horizontally.

I wouldn't waste my time mounting it vertically....you are asking fer trouble!!
I dont care where u live!
beerchug.gif

(brendanp @ Jan. 07 2007,17:29) I wouldn't waste my time mounting it vertically....you are asking fer trouble!!
beerchug.gif
Look closely at my pic above .....I did have it mounted under the tail and U can see the cracks where it used to be . Some moron kicked it while it was parked at the mall one day . Busted the mounting bracket and busted the undertail .
crazy.gif
Didn't see who did it .....lucky for them .

Have been pulled over 2 times given a ticket once but it was for inspection was a few days past due. It does give any cop the cause they need to pull you over though even if your doing everything else right both times I new the cops were behind me and I was doing nothing else wrong .If I can figure out how to mount the plate on my undertail I'm going to put it back the right way lights and all .

(brendanp @ Jan. 07 2007,16:29) I wouldn't waste my time mounting it vertically....you are asking fer trouble!!
beerchug.gif
And besides that they look funny.. imo

SC must be 12" off the road and horizontally mounted, visible at night from 50 feet, no surrounding bling frames or dealer frames, can't be obscured by clear plastic covers and can't have any type tinted cover............. Good drug interdiction tools.

I got pulled over about two month's ago and the FHP told me to get a regular plate... The officer was upset that she had to turn her head sideways to look at my plate number.

Have I changed it... ? HELL NO!

My neighbors are sherriff's and PD, have they ever said anything?- NO.
My friend who is a cop tells me that as long as its visable and decent, no problems...

Therefore, I will probably never change it.

(Black Bird Killer @ Jan. 07 2007,00:14)
(mzrsq @ Jan. 07 2007,00:08) TAG VERITCALLY WITH NO LIGHTS AND NEVER HAD A PROBLEM.

Then again I never take her out of the garage either.
sad.gif

IMG_0346.jpg
Beautiful bike.  Youre in Ohio, doesnt need to be horizontal
That bike is beautiful. You need to get that out more often!
SHOCKED.gif

(MC MUSTANG @ Jan. 07 2007,12:30) Chris,
I recieved a fix it ticket when I was using an ST Machine bracket off of the swingarm; I was riding aggressively (not speeding but leaning) and it caught an FHP's attention. He followed me for better than a mile before hitting his lights, I figure he was trying to find something to hit me for. Anyway, I didn't have a light on mine and it was vertical - but with all the Harley guys you gotta know that something else will grab thier attention before the plate.
I just said screw it and sold the bracket and remounted back under the tail.
I hope you didn't pay too much ....

as I posted in your original thread ....FL has no such regulation.... I quoted the FL statute for you there too.

The light WOULD have been a violation....but not the plate orientation.

I got stopped once because the officer didn't think I had a plate. Once I pulled over he noticed it on the swingarm mounted vertically and told me to have a nice day. The other time at Road Atlanta I got pulled for doing a burnout in the infield by the local sheriff. No ticket and he told me how cool the tag looked at that location.
I have had many local Sheriffs follow me at night and never been stopped. I don't even have a tag light. I guess headlights light it up so well that they don't care to bother me for something so minor.

Actually I think
wink.gif
(from lots of past post) that it's illegal in ALL States because the laws state that the LEO must be able to read  
SHOCKED.gif
the tag easly ! I know here in Okla it's illegal, it's just that no one stops you unless it's a really slow day  
beerchug.gif

Not to change the subject, but I was looking at that undertail myself, how is the turnsignals and brake lights?  If I got the undertail I think I would be in the same situation, so looking for other input from Texas riders...

PS Where are yall putting the state inspection stickers?

Back