Lilah sold.... After 2 years of foot dragging.

Revlis

Re-Recycled, Busa-Less...
Donating Member
Registered
Yup after two years of waffling, I took her for a ride a couple Fridays ago, just wasn't feeling it and I enjoy the Guzzi much more so I went straight to the dealership (My Bro is now sales manager) and put up for sale on consignment.

Less than 24 hours later, she was sold to a really excited young Sailer who saw her and fell in love.

No regrets, I got a great deal, and I've been riding my Griso more and more and loving every minute of it. It's been a long time coming, haven't really enjoyed the Busa for a couple of years so I finally just DID it. It was just taking up room in the garage anyway and while I loved looking at her, she just wasn't getting ridden.

On to the next one... But focused on the Griso for now. :thumbsup:

I will miss the Busa some though.
IMG_3750.jpg

Congrats to you, Keith. :beerchug:

It has been a long-time coming, I know, and I'm glad you finally got a chance to do it right.

Kudos, bro.

Did you send him to the .oRg?

It sure did go fast! Sold quick too :laugh:

Grats on the quick sale and enjoy the grisso! :thumbsup:

Now I need to get off my arse and head up that way and down your way too... Blast you both

Congrats, brotha! I know it's been a back and forth decision for you.

Yeah Thanks folks.

I really thought that I would enjoy having two bikes as well. Maybe I was spoiled working at the dealership, I dunno, but after I got the Griso I simply stopped riding the Busa altogether. I did NOT want to sell her though. That Busa was THE BIKE, the baddest, the blackest, the fastest damn thing I've ever owned and I loved looking at her... But after some reflection I realized that's all I was doing, looking.

It's just not right to have a perfectly good bike, in perfect condition, just sitting there going to waste.

TO be honest, I had really just never managed to control myself on the Busa, and this is part of why she sat unridden. I have friends with Busa's who can just ride them like the wonderful street bikes they are but well within the law. Me? Every time I hopped on to the Busa it turned into an adrenaline fueled scofflaw fest. No more Mr. Law abiding citizen... Nope that guy always checked his baggage at the door...

After a certain age, (Pretty Sure It was 35) I just found myself avoiding the Busa because of the siren call of that throttle and the dark bad things that lived over there. In Florida I could deal with my issues, I had places to go to REALLY wring it out till it stopped accelerating. Here is Washington though there are no such venues and the LEO's have NO sense of humor about it at all.

I had three separate incidents where I did not do the right thing and pull to the shoulder, this really bothered me.

SO even before I bought the Griso the Busa had started to get ridden less and less. The Griso was the perfect answer for me. It's just a bike, not super fast, not a Cruiser, just a Bike style bike and it's doing the trick. I may find myself missing the Busa, but I owe one to the Griso for bringing the fun back, the kind of fun that reminded me of WHY we ride and keeping me out there on two wheels for the joy of it, not the rush, not the speed, just the good old chuckling in my helmet fun of it...

My license will likely live a lot longer on the Griso as well, Cause uh... She's faster than a Harley, but not significantly. :rofl:

Oh and I got a great deal on it, and having Lilah sell so wicked fast was good for me, sorta like that bandaid. Just yank it off quick and it hurts less. :beerchug:

I'll try and steer the new owner this away, seemed like a really good guy, but I haven't heard back from him for a little while so I am not sure I can get hold of him.

Got anymore cool meduim helmets for sale?:laugh:

Hell NO!!! I just bought another RX-7 Corsair and I'm a Keeping this one!

Got me a new Kenny Roberts to wear while on the Moto Guzzi, the Eagle theme works well with the Italian bike! I did buy a large this time though and while it's still good and snug, I don't feel like my head is going to explode. :thumbsup:

Scored a good deal on the Corsair 4 now that the new Corsairs are on the shelf.

Back