LIGHT EM UP!

mistaforty

Registered
last week in the DC area there were a few bad accidents that involved bikes. one the police actually caused while chasing a bike (who got away) and one actually occured because of the remnants of the first one from hours earlier and i lost a friend and busa rider. yesterday I was gettin it down 295 and a heavenly light shown upon me. It looked like a xenon light but at the speed i was goin i was like no one could be behind me i looked back...no one and the light was gone....then it came back and im like what the hell? lo a behold the chopper had me lit up and i had no idea what to expect next. i dipped of into the city and he flew the other way. so DC area riders keep ya heads up after last week i guess theyre changing and stepping up the way they come after us.

If you're legal, what's the problem
rock.gif

(mistaforty @ Jun. 09 2007,06:48) but at the speed i was goin i was like no one could be behind me
this could have been an issue...you LEO's just don't laugh about this kind of stuff enough
laugh.gif

Hey Bro
I used to live in Glen Burnie and I would ride through 295 to D.C. to get to Reagan Natl for work.... Maryland State Patrol would use the "Chopper" to nab bikers all the time.. It happens every spring..Be Careful
super.gif

(dadofthree @ Jun. 09 2007,07:50) If you're legal, what's the problem
rock.gif
r u serious? Tags and license or not, no one WANTS  a ticket. If i know of a new way they are trying to catch motorcyclists then im gonna let the riders in my area know, thats all.  On MY bike anything out of second gear is illegal. u must ride a  haya-cruza.

(321CYA @ Jun. 09 2007,18:52) Hey Bro
I used to live in Glen Burnie and I would ride through 295 to D.C. to get to Reagan Natl for work.... Maryland State Patrol would use the "Chopper" to nab bikers all the time.. It happens every spring..Be Careful
super.gif
yeah but i was on the DC side close to VA ...i've seen them do it on 295, 50 etc....but OUTside the beltway. Never down where i was...only people with jurisdiction wouldve been the feds (capitol FPS and park) and DCMPD and in another 30 seconds VA. state troopers

(dadofthree @ Jun. 09 2007,18:13) Someone put that there. What is NCIC
rock.gif
yeah right, like you don't know it's the FBI's info system
laugh.gif

And to think
wink.gif
, the most we have to dodge, is Buffalo Patties where the herds cross the road  
laugh.gif
. "OH" and also BIG rattlesnakes this time of year
ghostface.gif

(mistaforty @ Jun. 09 2007,04:48) last week in the DC area there were a few bad accidents that involved bikes.  one the police actually caused while chasing a bike (who got away) and one actually occured because of the remnants of the first one from hours earlier and i lost a friend and busa rider. yesterday I was gettin it down 295 and a heavenly light shown upon me.  It looked like a xenon light but at the speed i was goin i was like no one could be behind me i looked back...no one and the light was gone....then it came back and im like what the hell? lo a behold the chopper had me lit up and i had no idea what to expect next.  i dipped of into the city and he flew the other way. so DC area riders keep ya heads up after last week i guess theyre changing and stepping up the way they come after us.
How the hell did the Police cause the wreck? If te bike was running he caused it.

Just because you own a bike doesnt make you a biker.

Knuckleheads with bikes mess it up for everyone else...

So the cop doesn't have to responsible for his actions? That's like saying the car he hit shouldn't of been on the road that day.

(mistaforty @ Jun. 09 2007,04:48) last week in the DC area there were a few bad accidents that involved bikes. one the police actually caused while chasing a bike (who got away) and one actually occured because of the remnants of the first one from hours earlier and i lost a friend and busa rider. yesterday I was gettin it down 295 and a heavenly light shown upon me. It looked like a xenon light but at the speed i was goin i was like no one could be behind me i looked back...no one and the light was gone....then it came back and im like what the hell? lo a behold the chopper had me lit up and i had no idea what to expect next. i dipped of into the city and he flew the other way. so DC area riders keep ya heads up after last week i guess theyre changing and stepping up the way they come after us.
YEAH, MISTAFORTY I RIDE WITH SOME COPS EVERY SO OFTEN. THE COPS ON 210 , 50 , 295, 395, 495 , PARK POLICE, CAPITOL POLICE, CAN'T FORGET THE STATE TROOPERS ARE REALLY UPSET ABOUT THIS INCIDENT. SO YES THEY ARE PUTTING PLANS IN EFFECT TO TRY TO SLOW THE BIKERS DOWN. YOU KNOW HOW WE DO IT ON 50 & 210
race.gif

(Kweave @ Jun. 10 2007,12:40) How the hell did the Police cause the wreck?  If te bike was running he caused it.

all i meant by cause was that the squad car actually hit a car that had nothing to do with the chase. he also caused it because he has to use better judgement. If you see a rider ride at a certain level especially lanesplitting at high speeds, you'll never catch him (or her) with a car. just wont happen. he shouldve backed off and hoped for a low speed situation thats all. everytime ive been pulled its been blocked in at a light or parking lot. so yeah he caused it.

(DC TONY @ Jun. 10 2007,15:55) YEAH, MISTAFORTY I RIDE WITH SOME COPS EVERY SO OFTEN. THE COPS ON 210 , 50 , 295, 395, 495 , PARK POLICE, CAPITOL POLICE, CAN'T FORGET THE STATE TROOPERS ARE REALLY UPSET ABOUT THIS INCIDENT. SO YES THEY ARE  PUTTING PLANS IN EFFECT TO TRY TO SLOW THE BIKERS DOWN.  YOU KNOW HOW WE DO IT ON 50 & 210      
race.gif
yeah ive lost too many people on 210 too many sweepers that are just blind at triple digits and you come around and theres stopped traffic....50 tho
guns.gif

murder it every time annapolis to the "s"

(Kweave @ Jun. 10 2007,09:40)
(mistaforty @ Jun. 09 2007,04:48) last week in the DC area there were a few bad accidents that involved bikes.  one the police actually caused while chasing a bike (who got away) and one actually occured because of the remnants of the first one from hours earlier and i lost a friend and busa rider. yesterday I was gettin it down 295 and a heavenly light shown upon me.  It looked like a xenon light but at the speed i was goin i was like no one could be behind me i looked back...no one and the light was gone....then it came back and im like what the hell? lo a behold the chopper had me lit up and i had no idea what to expect next.  i dipped of into the city and he flew the other way. so DC area riders keep ya heads up after last week i guess theyre changing and stepping up the way they come after us.
How the hell did the Police cause the wreck?  If te bike was running he caused it.

Yes, the rider was speeding and running to top it off. But the LEO must realize his/her limitations and when by chasing they are putting additional citizens at risk. The LEO in this scenario was driving wreckless in their pursuit of the rider and by doing so put additional people into harm's way. This is why some municipalities only allow their LEO to go so fast when chasing someone when the only infraction is nothing more than a speeding ticket.

Back