Life span of a busa

Bence's Busa

Registered
wondering just how long does a busa live. whats the biggest mileage some1 ever got out of a busa. i saw a 1000 on gixxer.com with 53000 miles b4 it gave up. and this dude wasnt the type to baby his ride.

I have seen posted numbers 60 70 and 80. I have seen one guy that got 63 in one season.

U are talking about 60 70 80 miles ninja? if u are, WOW!! then thats very low. I can remember one summer week-end last year.... i spent over 30 bucks on gas alone. Yep 30 dollars on gas in 1 week-end = some serious miles.

a Busa engine is just like any other Japanese engine, as long as the oil changes are kept up and the engine isn't bagged on too hard it should last for hundreds of thousands of miles .....

sitting on 20k right now. Had the busa for just over year and half. I have yet to go for even a full week without riding

Hey, I've got just over 67, 000 on my 2000. Just had
the valves checked, they were as tight as the day I got
it. No adjustments needed. Change the oil every 5,000
using synthetic. Nothing else. Do not baby her either.

This answer your question?

50000milesBUSA.jpg

Hey, I've got just over 67, 000 on my 2000.  Just had
the valves checked, they were as tight as the day I got
it.  No adjustments needed.  Change the oil every 5,000
using synthetic.  Nothing else.  Do not baby her either.
Hey Roy how are ya? Goin to Laguna this year? Was that your first Valve check? Did your starter ever fail? Please,tell me what if anything you have done to your bike maintenance wise. Or repair... I change oil religiously also coolant, plugs ...
Thanx - Kent

I had to have mine rebuilt at 38,000. Wasn't too happy about that. It's sitting at 40,000 right now. I hope I can go 100K without having to rebuild it again.

I had to have mine rebuilt at 38,000. Wasn't too happy about that. It's sitting at 40,000 right now. I hope I can go 100K without having to rebuild it again.
WHy did you have to rebuild it? Was it abused before ya bought it? Keeping the oil/air filter changed should keep it going longer than that.

I got 73k miles out of my old '93 GSXR, and I'm planning on getting at least the same out of my Busa. I've had it since 02 and I only have 43k miles so far.

A local guy in my area has 110,000 miles on his Honda 900RR regular maitnece is all he has done he said i have about 11,000 on mine and my motor went uggg not sure what caused it but hopeing to go for as long as i own the bike now wich will be my dyeing day cause of the money i have in her now
laugh.gif
cool.gif

WOW! 60K-80K or more! I would be hard pressed to put that many miles on a bike in 5 years. Not enough nice weather around here to do that much riding. You Cali and FL guys are so lucky!

Nice to know it will last that long if take care of it. I did see an old 600 Ninja that had 80k on it and it still ran like a top so I know that all Jap bikes are at least capable of lasting that long. I hope so!

WHy did you have to rebuild it?  Was it abused before ya bought it?  Keeping the oil/air filter changed should keep it going longer than that.
Valves were shot and it was down big time on compression. I ran the piss out of it of course, but then I run the piss out of all my bikes. I maintain the hell out of them also. From 0 to 1500 miles I changed the oil 4 times. I broke it in according to the manual. At 1500 miles I went to Mobil 1 synth which I changed every 3000 miles. At 16K it started buring oil. After the rebuild I broke it in the mototune method and I've been running Amsoil synth after the 2nd oil change. Basically the bike just wasn't up to tolerances. I got a bad one, it happens, oh well, I still love the thing.
biggrin.gif

Back