License Plate Light Bolts Install

Longstone

Registered
I purchased light bolts with built in LED's for my bike. I'm trying to install them now, I know the red wire goes to the running light, and the black to the ground on the bolt.

Since the bike had the undertail installed when I bought it I'm not the one who ran the wire. I've attached an image, so if anyone can lend a hand I'd sure appreciate it.

I can tell you, two of the wires, 1 red & 1 black will move when you push on the 1157 bulb. The other black wire will not. I was assuming the black wire that didn't move was the running light cable, but I hate assuming so I figured I'd ask you guys. The white and black pair are the turn signals.

Thanks in advance for the help.

015.JPG

Last edited:
The black that doesn't move is the ground.

If the oem 3 pin white plug there,,

The colors are as follows
Black white- ground
Brown- running light
white black- breaklight

Unfortunately it's not OEM but I should be able to follow-it where the original spliced. I appreciate the help.

Not being able to look with my hands, have you unwrap the electrical tape around the red and black bundles? I sure you will find a cut brown and black and white wire in there? Heres what they should be.

IMG_2882.JPG

Thanks for the help everyone! I was able to get them installed. No pictures because the batteries died in the camera...blah!

They're installed and do the trick. Going to have to do something about the wires coming out of the back of the bolts though. They are soldered on, and kept in place with hot glue. Seems very flimsy. Won't take much but it will make me feel better about extending the life of the product once I get it finished and hide the two wires.

Thanks again!!

I ordered a set this weekend so im sure im gonna be back in this thread asking for help, lol.

Well done! If you need help running the wires, just ask. Look where Im running mine from...:laugh:

Hi, Im new to this website. My only question is; how do I run the wires with the side mount? I tried to look at your pic, but I cannot identify it. Thanks in advance.

Back