Letter to president bush

thrasherfox

BUSA
Donating Member
Registered
I received the below in email this morning..

I have no doubt some will be offended. If anyone is, PM me.. dont complain to any other mods. PM me.. and if you can make a legitimate case I migth consider deleting my own post. I have done it before..

I state this because right now this is a very touchy subject. However when I read this I thought.. you know.. this does give a differant prospective on things..

After I read this, I thought.. uhh no I dont think so.. that would never fly in Mexico..

Actually it wouldnt go over well in ANY other country.. so why does it go on here? and tolerated?

I have no problems with people coming to the United states for a better life.. what I do have a problem with is if you are going to come to the US for a better life.. stop saying how good it is where you left.. it cant be all that good or you never would have left in the first place.

And instead of waiving your countries flag that you left, pick up and American flag and wave it.. become an American..

Just my .02

Remember, I didnt write the below, just recived it in email.. but I do find it interesting..

Oh, and one other note.. I know not EVERYONE can be put into one catagory.... everyone is differant and every situation differant.. but with that said.....

Let the flaming begin

Subject: My letter to President Bush

Dear President Bush:

I'm about to plan a little trip with my family and extended family, and I would like to ask you to assist me. I'm going to walk across the border from the U.S. into Mexico, and I need to make a few arrangements. I know you can help with this.

I plan to skip all the legal stuff like visas, passports, immigration quotas and laws. I'm sure they handle those things the same way you do here.

So, would you mind telling your buddy, President Vicente Fox, that I'm on my way over? Please let him know that I will be expecting the following:

1. Free medical care for my entire family.

2. English-speaking government bureaucrats for all services I might need, whether I use them or not.

3. All government forms need to be printed in English.

4. I want my kids to be taught by English-speaking teachers.

5. Schools need to include classes on American culture and history.

6. I want my kids to see the American flag flying on the top of the flag pole at their school with the Mexican flag flying lower down.

7. Please plan to feed my kids at school for both breakfast and lunch.

8. I will need a local Mexican driver's license so I can get easy access to government services.

9. I do not plan to have any car insurance, and I won't make any effort to learn local traffic laws.

10. In case one of the Mexican police officers does not get the memo from Pres. Fox to leave me alone, please be sure that all police officers speak English.

11. I plan to fly the U.S. flag from my house top, put flag decals on my car, and have a gigantic celebration on July 4th. I do not want any complaints or negative comments from the locals.

12. I would also like to have a nice job without paying any taxes, and dont enforce any labor laws or tax laws.

13. Please tell all the people in the country to be extremely nice and never say a critical word about me, or about the strain I might place on the economy.

I know this is an easy request because you already do all these things for all the people who come to the U.S. from Mexico. I am sure that Pres. Fox won't mind returning the favor if you ask him nicely.

However, if he gives you any trouble, just invite him to go quail hunting with your V.P.

Thank you so much for your kind help.

Sincerely,

Zes

<!--EDIT|thrasherfox
Reason for Edit: None given...|1145376647 -->

Interesting topic.

California's economy would crumble without illegal aliens.  I agree with the letter, mostly, but I can also see the current situation.

Low paying labor jobs in small buisness are filled with illegal aliens.  No legal citizen could afford to live on those wages, or would want to.  If we kick all illegals out, today, tomorrow all the small buisnesses would be gone.  They couldn't find people to work below minimum wage and they can't afford to pay labors a fair wage.  The economy would definately take a hit.

What's the answer, I don't know...  A gradual kicking out the illegals would be my choice, but I don't know if that'll work either...

Kick them out, and there goes the economy.
Leave them here as legal illegals, WTF  even the term doesn't make sense..  legal illegals...
Leave the situation as is, eventually taxpayers won't be able to support the state's spending...

But if we're going to issue illegals driver licenses, then we better make them pay taxes!! You get to drive, you pay taxes!! Of course then if they pay taxes, they get to vote.... yadda yadda yadda.

At least lets get them contributing to the system and not taking from it or boot them out.

<!--EDIT|Charlesbusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1145377871 -->

This is probably gonna go bad. a lot of good points, but this is gonna go bad.
lurk.gif

T-fox, I'm with ya, bro!

Both of my parents came to this country some 40+ years ago. They were proud to come thru Ellis Island. Both of them knew no English, but studied hard to learn the Language of their NEW Country - ENGLISH! Not Spanish, French, Italian, German, etc. But ENGLISH! They learned the customs, behaviors, etc. They learned to become an American! Both were proud the day they became American Citizens!

People didn't give them a break then, they were expected to 'conform' to the way of life in the USA; fit-in...be American! Why should we expect any different now?!?!? They're really fuming about this Immigration issue!

Personally, I'm OFFENDED that my local stores are replacing all their signage with English AND Spanish! I see more and more products with English AND Spanish! I'm sick of it! We speak English in the USA. I shouldn't have to learn to speak Spanish (well, I can, but that's beside the point!) just to order a Hamburger @ McDonalds!

You want to work in this country, learn the language. You want to live in this country, become a citizen, pay your taxes! If you don't want to do any of that...stay home!

soapbox.gif

The simple solution would be to tell them, and enforce this, that there will be no aid for them...
No Welfare, Medical/Dental...nothing...
Come on over, but be prepared to support yourself...
And to those already here that cannot prove that they are supporting themselves...
Out the door you go, back to Mexico or wherever...
If we just got rid of the ones that are milking the System it would be a huge improvment...

David

Sorry, double post...

David

<!--EDIT|Devious
Reason for Edit: None given...|1145378357 -->

I agree. this is a sticky situation.. with not really too many clear cut solutions..

I do however like Devious's idea. let illegal’s work here, however if they are working illegally and not paying taxes, then they should not be entitled to any type of support that taxpayers pay for.

I know if I went to another country because I didn’t want to live in the US, I wouldn’t even think about that country catering to my needs.. I would just automatically assume I needed to conform to that countries ways of life. learn their language, there laws. play by there rules...

I cant even fathom the arrogance to go to another country and expect them to change their country for you..

I almost posted the letter the other night. I'm tired of others giving away our country without asking you and me first!!!
mad.gif

Paying taxes does not entitle you to vote - citizenship does.  Remember that the constitution only applies to American citizens. However, taxes are paid byu anyone who is registered to work. There are many legal residents, not citizens, whose tax money is going ot hese issues as well, yet they have NO voice in the process of determioning how thier money is spent, unless they want completely renounce thier country and navigate the process to becomeing an American citizen.  I have a duality of mind on this, because my wife is a naturalized citzen; she is Nicaraguan by birth.  She is the generation of her family to have lived in Nicaragua - she and the rest of her family fled to the U.S. in the 70's and were allowed to stay under political asylumn.  She was a resident alien for years, and paid taxes on what she made becuase she had to report all work activity.  She choose to become an American becuase she was told by people that she worked with that her not being an American citizen would affect my career.
My wife speaks Spanish, French, English and Japanese - in that order.  She is the most intelligent person that I know, but she initially came here illegally.  My problem is that there is no incentive for using the system because there is little to no penulty for not.
But - check in to this - THERE IS NO OFFICAL LANGUAGE IN THE UNITED STATES -
In addition, all the stuff in that letter - we already scream about that - I am in the military and Americans will constantly complain about why Japanese people don't speak English - how could they not after all we did for them?  Most of this post probably doesn't make sence, but that is because I have difficulty expressing my thoughts on this because of how close to it I am.  I do agree that if a person is not here legally, they should not be afforded the same rights or opportunities as people who are, however, our responsibility is to provide a system that efficiently enables people to obtain legal residence and one that is capable of more than selective enforcement.

<!--EDIT|MC MUSTANG
Reason for Edit: None given...|1145379403 -->

Let me take this one step further...heard on the news a few weeks back and it only stuck in my mind because the city where it occured is where my sister lives...Longmont, CO...a local high school there...

Seems some of the American students got sick of the Mexican students waving their Mexican flags in protest of the ongoing immigration controversy. The American students started flying their American flags, wearing our flag on their clothing and what not...

Guess what the principal of that HS opted to do? He banned displaying the American flag...
sad.gif
How's that for political correctness?

I'm sure his 'rule' has since been overturned, but since when it is NOT okay to wave our own flag? The entire subject is almost unreal...

You want in here, do it the legal way just as I would be expected to do the same should I decide to become a citizen elsewhere...

Like Bush gives a darn,
or anyone else in Washington for that matter.
More worried about themselves and their personal agendas.
Politicians are worthless, self serving humans.

What we fail to realize is a few subtle points:

You kick the illegals out and yes businesses scramble to figure out how to fill those positions left empty.

1. If businesses truly can't afford to employ our citizens then there are some things that have to happen.
A. The top dogs don't get to take as much home.
B. Change the business plan to compensate for doing business LEGALLY. All the while being thankful they weren't ever charged for a crime.
C. Close up shop because it wasn't going to work legally and this business was only helping to hurt the country and the economy in the long run.

2. We need to remember that there ARE people here in the U.S. who pay their taxes and don't mind doing those jobs that are currently filled by illegals. The problem is the wage isn't appropriate for the job and is often below the legal minimum wage (illegal all the way around). Why is this done today? Because $50 a week is more than they can make in Mexico AND the higher ups get to pocket the profits created by low-balling these illegals. Simply, we need to employ our own tax paying citizens and do so in the way the law perscribes.

3. More often then not, these illegals are sending money home to family members and the like. This waters down our economy. They effectively take a job from a tax payer, use the civil services here (medical care, foodstamps, unemployment, etc), make less money for that job (which means businesses who are not employing illegals have a harder time competing with prices for example), don't pay taxes on the money, and then send the money home which means it's not being spent here. All the way around this is bad bad bad. The ONLY person(s) winning here is the business owner and "executives" who are profiting and the smugglers moving people across our borders.

Finally, I'll leave you with a few thoughts. First, we are AMERICANS! We are overcomers. We do what needs to be done. We don't "need" these illegals, we NEED to send them home and let them come back through the proper channels when/if available. Second, if we "need" these illegals otherwise our economy dies then aren't they so underpaid it's rediculous?! If they are vital they will end up demanding a pay raise eventually. Third, how many hispanic neighborhoods have you driven through and thought that it was clean, safe, and even lower middle class? Every one I've seen resembles the filth and depression of Mexico to a large degree. Is this what we want for our children? Is this where we let them play? If it didn't work south of our border and those people can't effect change there, do not bring it here. We'll end up being the Divide States of Mexico within another hundred years. They would rather hang their flag and celebrate Cinco de Mayo than our flag and celebrate the 4th of July. Are they grasping our mixed-culture or pushing theirs?

I can't tell if this is slavery in the millenium or if this is how you conquer a country in the millenium... either way it's bad.

GJoker is now playing the part of Devil's Advocate:

I just have to wonder if they said the same things in pow wows or with smoke signals as our fore fathers came in and took this same country from the American Indians...
rock.gif

I don't know about everyone here... but I can trace my family tree all the way back to Ireland on one side.. and Germany on the other~ We all came here from someplace else at one time or another~ We didn't learn to sleep in teepees or speak Sioux, Blackfoot, or any other tribal laungage for that matter~ In fact, we tore through the country side killing any and everyone that tried to stop us from living our way~ Making claims to this land as we went~

Not that I don't agree with a lot of the above postings...but doesn't it seem a bit hypicritical when you look back at how we came to be here ourselves?

GJoker is now playing the part of Devil's Advocate:

I just have to wonder if they said the same things in pow wows or with smoke signals as our fore fathers came in and took this same country from the American Indians...
rock.gif

I don't know about everyone here... but I can trace my family tree all the way back to Ireland on one side.. and Germany on the other~ We all came here from someplace else at one time or another~ We didn't learn to sleep in teepees or speak Sioux, Blackfoot, or any other tribal laungage for that matter~ In fact, we tore through the country side killing any and everyone that tried to stop us from living our way~ Making claims to this land as we went~

Not that I don't agree with a lot of the above postings...but doesn't it seem a bit hypicritical when you look back at how we came to be here ourselves?
I agree, that was not "right" but it was don. Besides, I didn't have a voice back then to say anything about it.

However, I would hope that in 200(ish) years we might have learned something from our mistake(s)?

Even native americans aren't native. Everyone migrated to the Americas. So who's to say who the land belongs to. First come first serve, or the most powerful??

But this topic about native americans doesn't really matter anymore. Its been done, its over, there now way to make it right. It's not happening now, happened hundreds of years ago.

But currently there is a problem that's happening right now and we have a chance to make the situation the best for everyone possible. Question is, what is the best solution??

Even native americans aren't native.  Everyone migrated to the Americas.  So who's to say who the land belongs to.  First come first serve, or the most powerful??

But this topic about native americans doesn't really matter anymore.  Its been done, its over, there now way to make it right.  It's not happening now, happened hundreds of years ago.

But currently there is a problem that's happening right now and we have a chance to make the situation the best for everyone possible.  Question is, what is the best solution??
+1

What we fail to realize is a few subtle points:

You kick the illegals out and yes businesses scramble to figure out how to fill those positions left empty.  

1. If businesses truly can't afford to employ our citizens then there are some things that have to happen.
  A.  The top dogs don't get to take as much home.
  B.  Change the business plan to compensate for doing business LEGALLY. All the while being thankful they weren't ever charged for a crime.
  C.  Close up shop because it wasn't going to work legally and this business was only helping to hurt the country and the economy in the long run.

2.  We need to remember that there ARE people here in the U.S. who pay their taxes and don't mind doing those jobs that are currently filled by illegals.  The problem is the wage isn't appropriate for the job and is often below the legal minimum wage (illegal all the way around).  Why is this done today?  Because $50 a week is more than they can make in Mexico AND the higher ups get to pocket the profits created by low-balling these illegals.  Simply, we need to employ our own tax paying citizens and do so in the way the law perscribes.

3.  More often then not, these illegals are sending money home to family members and the like.  This waters down our economy.  They effectively take a job from a tax payer, use the civil services here (medical care, foodstamps, unemployment, etc), make less money for that job (which means businesses who are not employing illegals have a harder time competing with prices for example), don't pay taxes on the money, and then send the money home which means it's not being spent here.  All the way around this is bad bad bad.  The ONLY person(s) winning here is the business owner and "executives" who are profiting and the smugglers moving people across our borders.

Finally, I'll leave you with a few thoughts. First, we are AMERICANS!  We are overcomers.  We do what needs to be done.   We don't "need" these illegals, we NEED to send them home and let them come back through the proper channels when/if available.  Second, if we "need" these illegals otherwise our economy dies then aren't they so underpaid it's rediculous?!  If they are vital they will end up demanding a pay raise eventually.  Third, how many hispanic neighborhoods have you driven through and thought that it was clean, safe, and even lower middle class?  Every one I've seen resembles the filth and depression of Mexico to a large degree.  Is this what we want for our children?  Is this where we let them play?  If it didn't work south of our border and those people can't effect change there, do not bring it here.  We'll end up being the Divide States of Mexico within another hundred years.  They would rather hang their flag and celebrate Cinco de Mayo than our flag and celebrate the 4th of July.  Are they grasping our mixed-culture or pushing theirs?

I can't tell if this is slavery in the millenium or if this is how you conquer a country in the millenium... either way it's bad.
I agree.

Also, I have Mexicans in my family. If you can pass the Citizenship test, by all means, WELCOME. AS LONG AS YOU PAY TAXES< ETC...

Also, to the Native American Thing... My Grandmother was full blooded Indian, my Grandfather was Scots-Irish... The Indian thing is over... Sadly, they lost land, and lives, But that was 2000 years ago, and, as stated before, the Native Americans Weren't even Native to America. My family is quite diverse, from my mexican Stepmom, to my Indian Grandmother, to my Scots-Irish Grandfather. ALL of them were LEGAL!!! I don't mind that. It's when they Start Jumping (or Swimming) across the border and doing said things that it bothers me!!

Back