** let's talk camera's **

I got the Kodak 6.1 mega pixel and it works great for both pics and vids. Got some good vids of me racing a rear engine dragster.

i got this camera ....at walmart...for like ....35 bucks....does that count lol

Just wish I was half as clever as this camera...
sad.gif

I love my Sony Cyber-shot 5.0 mega. I got it as a gift and when I first saw it I was not impressed at all. but after using it it takes great photos and god vids!

How about this puppy?

FujifilmZ1 FinePix
5.1meg
17.1xtotal zoom
movie 640x480 pixels 30f/s with sound
video output ntsc/pal
2.5-inch screen
usb serial bus
16mb xD-picture card
usb cable
A/V cable
picture cradle
leather case

It's nice and small fits in shirt pocket so it's easy to whip out. $288 at costco.....

rattlesnake_10__2_.jpg

I've been happy with a Fuji aswell. I always look for high optical zoom as opposed to digital zoom.

I wanted BT's Rebel XT which he sold for 500.oo I believe.

The cheapest I could find it for new was 1100.oo. (CDN)

Thats what I want next I think...the Rebel XT.

I loved my Fuji fine pix A205 it was the 3.0 but after dropping it 3 times on the concrete it will no longer Focus...Waaaaah

I could use the boards help on this one. Pashnit? You out there?

hogger...
Hogger, maybe the irony of this story is I know very little about cameras. As you can see, there's so many to choose from, a zillion choices. You can get one that fits in your shirt pocket or an big SLR type.

Since I'm not the Consumer Reports type, (my wife is, and will research stuff to pieces), plus when I got to Best Buy or Costco, there's a mind boggling array of choices. What I did is just find a motorcycle buddy of mine that shot a lot of pics and asked him what he had. He had a Canon Pro1 which is 8 mgpixels and about $500 in eBay. Another of my riding buddies that is a professional photographer has this as his 2nd camera instead of lugging around his huge stuff when riding. Fits in the tank bag just fine. You can even buy them hardly used, like 6 mo old, practically brand new which is what I did to save a few bucks. I can also charge the camera with the Hayabusa as I'm riding, as I bought the cigarette lighter style power cord that plugs into the power accesory outlet in the back in the bike (also powers the air compressor).

While it has a zillion bells & whistles, and buttons galore, main thing about the Pro1 is the lens. It has a 200mm zoom lens, and my style of photography is a great deal of zoom photography and shooting far away scenery. Almost everything I do is motorcycle photography and bike photos. My pics have been in Cycle World, Motorcyclist, Friction Zone and now Sportbike.

Led a ride over this last weekend, and took this over the while riding Highway 1 - Big Sur. Have that thread up in a week or two.

Img_1655-Nac-Andy-2.jpg

<!--EDIT|pashnit
Reason for Edit: None given...|1145316931 -->

So you might also take into consideration the type of photography you'll be doing.
Lot the folks that will come on the pashnit rides just have small ones and just need something to take shots here and there.

This sort of pic is shooting road a good mile or two away at super-high res, then cropping that, color-correcting, etc, so the Pro1 thus far has fit me pretty well. Need the high-res just in case it gets published. People keep telling me I need to do one of those coffee table books of motorcycle roads.
biggrin.gif
If it's just going to go in a photo album, the smaller ones would probably work too.

Highway 1 - Big Sur near Lucia
Img_1629-Hwy1.jpg

Since I'm not the Consumer Reports type, (my wife is, and will research stuff to pieces), plus when I got to Best Buy or Costco, there's a mind boggling array of choices.  What I did is just find a motorcycle buddy of mine that shot a lot of pics and asked him what he had.  He had a Canon Pro1 which is 8 mgpixels and about $500 in eBay. Another of my riding buddies that is a professional photographer has this as his 2nd camera instead of lugging around his huge stuff when riding.  Fits in the tank bag just fine. You can even buy them hardly used, like 6 mo old, practically brand new which is what I did to save a few bucks.  
+1 on The canon Pro1. I got mine a bit after they were released in early 2004. $1000!! but money well spent. A bit large for some people. I have a smaller older olympus that is a 2.3 mp. 4 mp is plenty for most users. You would have to go to a SLR to de better than the Pro1.

Canon SD400 is a 5 megapixel; goes for about $350 on Amazon. I have the SD200, which is 3.2 MP, and it's unbelievable; my sister has the SD400, and raves about it. Here's the SD400.
Ditto, that's the one BulletTrain uses.. that thing is awesome. It's on my wish list.
Actually I use the SD500, but the SD400 is just as awesome. Here's a shot I made tonight with the SD500... I love Canon Digicams...

IMG_0420.jpg

Made this one last week with the SD500 and it won best headshot in the pageant she was in. (fixed... sorry about the size of the first one)

IMG_0365.jpg

Another one taken with the SD500... It's the only digital camera I own right now.

IMG_0334.jpg

Last one, for now.
wink.gif
Just a shot I took to see what kind of detail I could pull out with it.

IMG_0033.jpg

<!--EDIT|BulletTrain
Reason for Edit: None given...|1145334454 -->

Back