** let's talk camera's **

runeight

why ask why
Donating Member
Registered
Greetings,

OK. Here is the deal. I'm looking to upgrade from my Canon powershot S-230. It's a nice camera and has served me well. Easy to use, great software and no problems.

I would like to step up to at least a five (5) megapixel if not more. Price range between $200 to $400 dollars.

I could use the boards help on this one. Pashnit? You out there?

hogger...

I have a Sony Cyber-shot 5.0 mega ......easy to use , great pics and can take a lickin' ! Been dropped twice on the concrete . I think it was a little over $200 .

if you can pay about 430 go for Canon PowerShot S80 ,

ImageShack Links Do Not Work

The powerful 8.0 Megapixel CCD will supercharge each image with lifelike detail , and give you the flexibility to enlarge and crop freely , it incorporates a big 2.5 inch LCD screen for a truly eye-opening view . The high-resolution screen offers a clear picture and wider viewing angle to make shooting , playback and using the camera's menu functions especially convenient . Canon's exclusive DiG!C II Image Processor revolutionized how you shoot digital by allowing the camera to process images faster and improving the accuracy of the autofocus , while it also reduces the effects on noise in your images .

here is the B&H Link , http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh....igation

You can also check Powershot SD550 7.1 Megapixel Cam ($400) or a little less expensive PowerShow SD450 5.0 Megapixel ($388)

Canon Powershot SD550 , http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh....igation

Canon PowerShot SD450 , http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh....igation

Canon PowerShot S80 Digital Camera
CAN POWERSHOTS80 Price was: $549.99
You save: -$120.00

You pay: $429.99

Not bad huh? Intrest free until 09/2007.

hogger...

Canon SD400 is a 5 megapixel; goes for about $350 on Amazon. I have the SD200, which is 3.2 MP, and it's unbelievable; my sister has the SD400, and raves about it. Here's the SD400.

Canon_SD400.JPG

Sony cyber shot..........dsc p200 7.2 mega pixels....... Cost me a little under $400.

fantastic little camera...real small and compact.... battery life.. 400 minutes continuous use.... two hours to fully recharge............

Can the Cannon take night shots and MPEG Movies ?
both yes ,

you can make video records plus audio records too ,

Video Resolutions ,
High (1024 x 768 @ 15 fps up to 1GB)
Medium (640 x 480 @ 30 fps up to 1GB)
Low (320 x 240 @ 15 fps up to 1GB)
Compact (160 x 120 @ 15 fps up to 3 minutes)

I'm leaning towards the Sony for these reasons. I have a Sony Wide Screen television and a Sony Vaio laptop. I could use the smart card thingy in both. This would make it versitle.

Are other smart cards interchangable?

hogger...

Can the Cannon take night shots and MPEG Movies ?
Yep. Length of "movies" depends on size of the card. From Canon's website: "Selectable Movie Recording Speeds
Enhanced Movie Mode with new Fast Frame Rate Movie recording at 60 fps (320 x 240) plus 5 Special Scene Modes and Digital Macro Mode. The PowerShot SD400 Digital ELPH lets you shoot in 60 fps full motion video to easily capture fast moving subjects. Plus, you have the option of 30 fps for general shooting. For movies small enough to attach to an e-mail, select the compact movie setting."

smile.gif
sony p200

also have a look at the alternative products....in the linky...

<!--EDIT|BUSA-MAN 24-7
Reason for Edit: None given...|1145038507 -->

Seems like the Sony kicks azz over the pond in Ireland ......good choice fellah's !
biggrin.gif

Sony Cyber-shot here ......oh yeah , and I got a little Irish in me too !
beerchug.gif

Back