Let's Talk Adjustable Rear Sets...

Acehole

The crowbar!
Donating Member
Registered
I'm looking for aftermarket adjustable rear sets that can pull double duty. I am using Buell pegs now and i like how they lower my legs for touring. But i feel a bit too low when i am doing a track day or cutting the local twisties. Also the grip on the Buell pegs is less than optimal and would like something with more teeth when hangin your foot on that edge.

Being able to adjust peg position based on use without having to change out the sets each time would be great!

So lets discuss your solutions...

I bought some vario pegs from Twisted Throttle and they serve both purposes since you can rotate them.

I powder coated my stock rearsets, then ordered the vario pegs in black to match. This was not only comfortable for cruising, but it cut down on the high cost that aftermarket rearsets generally cost.

TwistedThrottle.com : MFW Vario Footpeg Mount, Rider (Suzuki DL650/DL1000 V-Strom, GSX-R600/GSX-R750 08-, GSX-R1000 05-, GSF1250 Bandit, Hayabusa 99-09, & B-King) - MFW.051.06.11.30

10844-425x350.jpg

I bought some vario pegs from Twisted Throttle and they serve both purposes since you can rotate them.

I powder coated my stock rearsets, then ordered the vario pegs in black to match. This was not only comfortable for cruising, but it cut down on the high cost that aftermarket rearsets generally cost.

TwistedThrottle.com : MFW Vario Footpeg Mount, Rider (Suzuki DL650/DL1000 V-Strom, GSX-R600/GSX-R750 08-, GSX-R1000 05-, GSF1250 Bandit, Hayabusa 99-09, & B-King) - MFW.051.06.11.30

10844-425x350.jpg

I am liking the look of theses... Are there notches between the rotating parts or is it just friction?

Depending on what you want to spend you could check out Sato Racing. They are a bit pricey but you will be able to adjust them any way you want. Randy got a set for the Duc and seems to like them.

Some on a busa.

hayabusabsfitr.jpg

hayabusanewbsfitl2.jpg

Last edited:
There are notches to stop them from rotating when you do not want them to. There are similar products out there with not as much of a drop, but that was my main concern when buying them.

most of the adjustable rear sets go from and OE setting to something higher. This doesn't help you with your low hung touring setup. You may want to look at some of the more drg oriented adjustable sets. They go from an OE setting then down from there.

As for the grip on the foot peg. I think hands down the set that Richard from RCC has is the most extreme. Slip some cut hose over those suckers so when the bike is parked they can't chew your leg off as you walk by. :laugh:

most of the adjustable rear sets go from and OE setting to something higher. This doesn't help you with your low hung touring setup. You may want to look at some of the more drg oriented adjustable sets. They go from an OE setting then down from there.

As for the grip on the foot peg. I think hands down the set that Richard from RCC has is the most extreme. Slip some cut hose over those suckers so when the bike is parked they can't chew your leg off as you walk by. :laugh:

Yeah i was noticing that the adjustables were more in the up and back areas. Was hoping someone had experience with ones that did more of a down and back.

RCC huh? who is that again?

Cycle pirates!http://cyclepirates.com/

These are great. Eeasy to use and move. Lamb has used these for over a year now, and got them for the same reasons you are talking about exactly.

Last edited:
If you could find a set, of the Cyclecats, that would be your best option.
They are fully adjustable by 1 bolt!

lg532354862.jpg

If you could find a set, of the Cyclecats, that would be your best option.
They are fully adjustable by 1 bolt!

That is the only set I have ever seen that would do double duty. Too bad they stopped making them.

I (of course) have the cheap Chinese knock off type. I got them to get my feet higher off the ground since I was catching my boots in some corners. They lift my feet quite high, but yet it's not uncomfortable on runs of an hour or more. (Still not quite sure why though ???)
Here are some pics for reference:
rs-left.JPG

rs-II.jpg

Back