Adjustable rear sets

THEPANTHER

Registered
Need some input people. I'm six one. Is a set going to help me or should I go for the Buell fix? I do like the bling of the rear set but with gas off the chain, function more than fashion. Thx in advance for your opinions

yes..worth it. These adjust several ways.

hogger...

117_1761.JPG

I know Lockhart Philips used to sell a cheap alternative to the problem you are referring to. I am also 6'1" and had problems with my original motorcycle. I purchased these LP adjustable footpegs for about $60.00 and in my opinion it was much better than the Buell fix. The foot pegs could be adjusted so that they would end up 1.5 to 2 inches lower and you could also position them in a rearward angle for a more sporty comfort.
Now for the bad news, I think LP dropped these from their catalog. I have been looking for them to use on my new bike but have not found them. Someone also mentioned that the TL-R pegs also work well

sorry

I'd go with the TL pegs or if you want aftermarket rear sets. Go with vortex for the long run. Parts are easily available and cheaper is price then most units.

I've had mine a few weeks now, and took some getting use to, but I think its worth the price of admission. Much more positive shifting than stock, comfort, feedback, just all around much better than stock.

Last edited by a moderator:
And a close-up of the other side

Last edited by a moderator:
here are the adjustments..

hogger...

9POSITIONS
0mm/0mm 0mm/10mmUP 0mm/20mmUP
10mmBACK/0mm 10mmBACK/10mmUP 10mmBACK/20mmUP
20mmBACK/0mm 20mmBACK/10mmUP 20mmBACK/20mmUP

gsx1300r_1.jpg

I went with the TLR pegs and I'am very satisfied
biggrin.gif

If you do this, make sure you get the pin and pin sleave also. Got mine from Ron Ayres for about $77.00 and it must have taken me all of 15 min to change both. "UH" that's because I was drinking a Coke and took my time (I droped the horse shoe pin and that took me 5 min to find
tounge.gif
) ! The change is really simple and dumb proof, well nearly dumb proof anyway
laugh.gif

Back