Let the Makeover Begin

I understand the part about creating. I've got alot of time and money and research and wait and dreams and hopes and maybe a few tears into all the things I've done to the Pumpkin. I just can't find time to ride it and it seems like such a waste to just let sit in the corner. I'm positive whatever you decide will be top notch...........We are here if ya need any help.
beerchug.gif

I understand the part about creating.  I've got alot of time and money and research and wait and dreams and hopes and maybe a few tears into all the things I've done to the Pumpkin.  I just can't find time to ride it and it seems like such a waste to just let sit in the corner.  I'm positive whatever you decide will be top notch...........We are here if ya need any help.  
beerchug.gif
Thanks, Scott. And you know I never truly like that color until I saw yours and what you made her into!

You have all the resources to put Baby J back together and what you don't have in parts they are readily available right here from your brothers and sisters or sponsors..  

To me hands down I would rebuild it with the insurance money BIGGER and BETTER.. Baby J gets a face lift thread.. Thats what I'm talking about..  
bowdown.gif

If you go with the 08 its starting all over again with alot that isn't even available yet.. Just my  
2cents.gif
I totally agree with Doyle...
thumb_up.gif

Ken,take of all you aftermarket parts off baby J,the money from your insurance and put it on a brand new 07. You'll have a new motor,gas tank, injectors (hint hint), you don't want to go throught this again, replacing old worn out parts. The extra money you'll will probably have to come up with to completely get Baby J back together can go towards the 07 as well. I've been seeing the 07 going for 8,995.00.

Did I type that?
laugh.gif
Meant to say, take all of your aftermarket parts off,and use the insurance money for a down payment on a 07 etc.

I would put all the stock parts back on and let insurance have it. Buy a 08...since you allready have 2 03's.

Oh and ofter you get your insurance check give it a swift kick and don't look back.
lol1.gif

Thanks to some great work by Patty and Steve at Smithers Customs, the estimate was faxed to State Farm yesterday and the inspector (?) went out to see the bike this morning.  Talked with Steve and Patty and apparently the inspection went pretty well.  The guy that looked at her, took lots of pictures and couldn't believe the stuff that had been done, but did know the book value for the bike was $6500.  He asked for a comparison between Baby J and a stock bike and Steve happened to have a 2006 stock (other than exhaust) bike and the inspector couldn't believe it.  Steve went over the estimate line by line with him and then the inspector entered everything into the State Farm system.  Total estimate ~$10,100, so it has to go to the inspector's boss because he had never seen anything like it.  Anyway, I'm guessing the total loss department will get involved and hopefully will know something next week.  And then the negotiation begins!

hey i might be a little nosey and dont have much time to read all through the posts but what exactly happened to the bike to get a $10 est on it? WHAT THE HELL??? I have rebuilt many bikes from full race to show choppers. I see no way. For $10k it would have to be drivin through a wall at a good rate of speed.

If you want to fix it send me some pix. maybe i can save your bike for you. to me it dont look that bad just some minor cosmetics. Im guessing around $1000 to fix it up right and custom painted if its not all broke up but even them $10k come on now, but thats just me.

you can send them via email dolilind@hotmail.com

I THINK WHATEVER YOU DECIDE KEN, IT WILL BE A GOOD DECISION BASED SOLELY ON WHAT YOU WANT, EITHER REBUILD OR NEW IT DOESN'T MATTER AS LONG AS YOUR RIDING BRO!!!
beerchug.gif

I THINK THE BUSA DOCTOR WILL DEFINATELY DO A H*** OF A JOB AND THERE WILL BE NO DOUBT THAT IT WILL LOOK AND RUN LIKE A RAPED APE !

hey i might be a little nosey and dont have much time to read all through the posts but what exactly happened to the bike to get a $10 est on it? WHAT THE HELL???   I have rebuilt many bikes from full race to show choppers. I see no way. For $10k it would have to be drivin through a wall at a good rate of speed.

If you want to fix it send me some pix. maybe i can save your bike for you. to me it dont look that bad just some minor cosmetics. Im guessing around $1000 to fix it up right and custom painted if its not all broke up but even them $10k come on now, but thats just me.

you can send them via email dolilind@hotmail.com
corner2.png
This guys bike is chromed out & every part of it has some sort of minor damage to it.The estimate has been wrtten to make this bike "new pre accident condition" To do it perfect,you would need a magic wand or an act of god or a ton of free parts to do it for less!

Back