Let the Makeover Begin

I think all of the thoughts are about the same. Still kicking it through in my head, but I think I will take the settlement, buy the bike back and do some of the big repairs. She can be made to look pretty good relatively cheaply even though there will be more I want to do. I'm not sure if I will be moving next summer or not, so I want to take care of some bills before that happens and I've got a couple business ventures I'm working on. I may sell one of the bikes next summer after seeing what the BNG for next year will be and things get a little more settled. Probably the biggest thing that keeps me from getting an '08 now is that winter is here (snow just hit us yesterday), and there won't be much riding anyway. She will have a salvage title, but I would guess I could get $4k either parting her or selling her whole which would be a nice deposit!
biggrin.gif

Like I said, I will be thinking about it for a couple more days but that's probably what will happen. I will definitely have a 1st Gen, 2nd Gen combo, but don't want to rush.

Thanks for all the help and support and I'll keep you posted.

Go but it! And start all over! LOL

Its only blood sweet and tears! Oh And money of course!
thumb_up.gif

Almost a done deal! Talked with State Farm and had a guy that was a little more understanding of the situation and he wound up bumping the payout to ~ 9k. After everything is complete I will walk away with ~ $5400. Should be complete by the end of next week with mailing time. Still need to work out the replacement helmet.

Ken, don't know if you remember but when I joined here I realized that we had the exact same bike, and that I wanted mine to look as good as yours when I got through playing with it! That being said, the 08 has happened since then and I have seen, sat on, and fondled one.  
drools.gif

If I had $6800 in hand I would buy one so fast it would make  ZX-14 dizzy. That tail shovel UNBOLTS for goshsakes, no screws on the fairings, SO many improvements based on direct feedback from freaks like all of us- it would be an awesome platform to concentrate on appearance mods like you want, because power, braking, and chassis mods are built-in already.

Baby J II, "Rise of the Machine".    
drools.gif

drools.gif

drools.gif
I hear what you're saying and appreciate the compliment, but I really don't think its the time for me to get an '08. All that I hear about the bike is it is a great machine. I haven't had the opportunity to see one in person. I didn't like the 1st Gen until I bought my Katana in 2001 and got to sit on one at the dealership.

Knowing what I would like to do to the bike I would wait for the aftermarket to catch up anyway.

I also have some things I have been intending to do for a while and think now is the time. Once that settles and a new riding season is up on us it may be a whole new ballgame. If not then though I'm sure I will get one just because I love the Busa so much.

drools.gif

drools.gif

drools.gif

sounds like you cracked the whip on those bitches and won !  
thumb_up.gif
I'd be feeling real good if he had kicked it up by a grand!
biggrin.gif
I did appreciate the time that he spent looking over the claim, talking me through the process and giving me some hints for the future (God forbid it happen again). Just got to wrap it all up now. Already have plans for some parts, so Christmas might be a little better than I originally thought.
laugh.gif

Back