Leathers size

Kento-Moto

Hayabusa Immortal
Donating Member
Registered
Hey Gang, I am shoppin for a set of riding leathers and I have a couple different brands in mind which doesnt matter really but the question I have is with regard to fit.

I am about 5'10 180lbs avg build, slightly wide at the shoulders ... on the 2 pc the Jackets fit fine ( 44-46 ) but my legs are a little short compared to torso ( 34 waist, 30 inseam ) knee protection is hittin me about 1/2 inch below the knee even in a riding position ... Do I need custom fit leathers?
sad.gif
$$$ any suggestions?
rock.gif

- Kent

you just opened the biggest can of worms in motorcycling;finding leathers that fit is is impossible for just about everyone.i am about the same size as you and cant find pants that fit either;34s fit great in the waist but the legs are way to tight, 36s are way to big all over.
but to try and answer your question...i am thinking pretty hard about custom leathers,alot of people i've ridden with have them and it seams that Vanson is the most popular,Bates are good,but they seam a bit expensive by comparison. the NJK leather that i have seen has been really good,and their designs were done well.
regardless of who makes them,go to a good tailer to have yourself measured;the leather maker will know how much to add in the shoulders,knees,etc.

grinch, you are saying that its hard to find the right size 180lbs ... Imagine what I have to go through finding gear for me, when I weigh 300lbs
tounge.gif

Kinda makes me a sad at times
sad.gif
....The world does not seem to like us big people

I feel your pain gents, just went through this myself. Got lots of help from the board here. Lucked out and got a set that fits, but they still take some getting used to. Mine fit great, as long as I am riding the bike. Guess that's all that really matters. I was told-don't know for sure-that two piece suits have a little more length. I prefer a two-piece and that is what I bought, but if they are a bit long on you try on a few one piece suits. Other than that option, it sounds like tailor time. Perhaps you could have a set altered without resorting to a full blown custom set. Mine fit good, but I am considering having a little room added in the chest.

Back