launching a turbo busa

Hit Man

Registered
I tested my Hahn turbo kitted busa over the weekend and could not catch any traction through the whole 1/8 mile. Does any one have any advice for the setup.
2004 busa
8psi
stock length
air shifter
billet clutch mod
003 u soft shinko at 22 psi
front strap with 1 inch travel, maxed settings
rear slammed to lowest link
rear suspension set to stiffest setting
4500rpm on msd launch master
275lb 6'6" rider
1.8 60'
ohthedrama.gif

no pcIII, tune burned in by Chris Jones in Chiefland FL

work with your suspension settings on rear
and drop the air pressure just a tad more
and the u soft likes it when its real hot it gets sticky then

Soften up that rear compression. The softer I ran my old R1 the faster it went. I'd start with it right in the middle then two clicks softer each pass. You'll be suprised. You need the rear end to squat and hold the weight of the bike, and with it full hard you're basically making it unable to transfer any weight backwards. Run that tire down around

Thanks. I'll try the tire and suspension settings the next time I can get to the track. I'll post the 60' times with each setting change.

I have the problem. New RCC turbo w/ 8" extended swingarm....no traction..Thanks for posting this question. I'll try some of your guys suggestions. Thanks

Just remember the bottom line. You can not launch as you would a regular bike. Slide it out of the start and then hit it hard you will more then make up the difference. Solid low nines by doing this.

05 busa stock motor
300# rider
velocity stage one with 6# boost
62.5" wheelbase
shinko u-soft
first time to track with turbo
please.gif

9.36@154mph
wowold.gif
excellent first time. You must have got off the line quick, the mph should have been up a little. Very good first time.

That's a sick picture of your bike, I used to run right around 15psi on my tire, allot of it depends on the track your on and how well it's maintained. I have been on some tracks, for instance, Kansas City, that you can't get allot of grip on, while down in Bradenton, in FL, was like glue! I loved it!

beerchug.gif

P1050491.JPG

shock settings....full rebound.
preload......about 3/4 to an inch of sag.
compression.....chase the traction the better the traction the softer you want it. if you are spinning you want the compression set harder...reason is that you want to load as much weight on the tire for traction as possible.

Back