Busa engine sputters when I launch at the drag strip

Albee

Registered
My 2000 busa 1397 with walbro fuel pump and regulator set at 44 psi. It is map for VP mr 12.. and has a 12iin. Arm. Gearing 1 down 3 up in the rear. With 200lb rider. Problem is lately when I launch at the drag strip for the first 70 foot bike sputters badly then runs good after it wakes up runs through trap at 145 mph. Please help .

My 2000 busa 1397 with walbro fuel pump and regulator set at 44 psi. It is map for VP mr 12.. and has a 12iin. Arm. Gearing 1 down 3 up in the rear. With 200lb rider. Problem is lately when I launch at the drag strip for the first 70 foot bike sputters badly then runs good after it wakes up runs through trap at 145 mph. Please help .
Has anything changed since the last time it ran well?
Did it sit? Diff fuel?
Start with the other mem's suggestions. For me,I'd start with the cheapest and only do one at a time. If you get 5 fixes in hand and install all at once without testing each one you wont get an' exact answer to yer specific problem. Then you wont know for next time,plus cant share the fix with the Org so we can add it to our "issues fixed file." :thumbsup:
Rubb.

Did it sit? Diff fuel?
Start with the other mem's suggestions. For me,I'd start with the cheapest and only do one at a time. If you get 5 fixes in hand and install all at once without testing each one you wont get an' exact answer to yer specific problem. Then you wont know for next time,plus cant share the fix with the Org so we can add it to our "issues fixed file." :thumbsup:
Rubb.
[/Q thanks I sent the fuel injectors to MPS for service. Should be back next week before test and tune weekend. I will let you know what happens then.thanks

Did it sit? Diff fuel?
Rubb.

It would appear we are more concerned about his issue than he is. :laugh:
It happens.
Rubb.
I replaced the spark plug which was burning rich. Got the injectors back from service and set the fuel pressure with vacuum off at 43 PSI before hooking back vacuum. Waiting for next track day to get the results. Will let you know if stops raining here.thanks again.

I replaced the spark plug which was burning rich. Got the injectors back from service and set the fuel pressure with vacuum off at 43 PSI before hooking back vacuum. Waiting for next track day to get the results. Will let you know if stops raining here.thanks again.
hopefully you are back rocking...:super:
Rubb.

Okay I'm back to rocking. Done all the suggestions spark plugs injectors.. here was the problem. Finally I plugged off the vacuum to the regulator and set pressure to 43 PSI. Went back to Dino and remapped. Now back the hauling ass. Thanks guys for all your help ☺️

Hey I have a question I have a 2011 Busa what's a good cam head and piston package to go with want to be able to ride it on the street

Back