LAGUNA SECA MOTOGP -  UPDATE

RidersNation

Stud Muffin
Donating Member
Registered
UPDATE <table style=filter:glow(color=Yellow)>UPDATE!!!</table> UpDATE!!

The following modifications are being proposed to the Track, not by the FIM, but by the Racers Union. This will be what we have been trying to get going, as far as the help to bring the event. But they are taking their sweet ass time. Thinking "next year", Hey! next year is weeks away.
Realize this, it is ONLY 6 MONTHS AWAY. in December, No one will be available due to the holidays. They are actually thinking of doing these mods weeks before the event.
There will be no test days. The racers will be coming into this cold turkey. Even regulars like Edwards, Hayden and Roberts will have to rethink their approach to the track because it will be different very different. Hopefully this will be a safe event and no fatalities.

They will widen the entire track.Turn 2 will be removed and straightened, cause the Bikes have little stability on deccelleration. Apparently they have not found balance in design that has both good take off and slow down. They keep crashing into the corners. Air bags to be placed. Pea gravel pits to be in place. And the entry before the corkscrew is still under survey for change.

As earlier reported Yamaha is said to be fittin the bill.
this was from These monkees take the credit that the fans should be getting, that they are responsible for bringing Moto GP back to the US. I am sorry but Yamaha has 2 sportbikes and now they are the fuel behind racing. Give me a break. If you have seen BMWs Entry into GP due in 2005 (see here), they are not playin games, they have the most cash for promotion (Boxer Cup)and they are serious. But I whole-heartedly doubt that they are as committed as Suzuki, Honda and Kawasaki, and that's not EVEN counting Ducati for their support of GP. Yamaha is lucky, that's all.

Suzuki in as far as can be seen IS in bed with Yoshimura, and who holds the biggest testing days in The US on Any Track? They do. SO I hope one of the other Manufacturers steps up and lays cash down for something to make the event better and smoother. Right now parking and transportation is under fire. All I know is somebody is pocketing alot of cash on this even though it is supposed to be a non-profit org.
There is no lodging. We need a shuttle service. People are actually looking at Santa Nella, CA. There are rooms there. It's about 45 minute drive over Pacheco Pass. It is isolated but all kinds of things there.
So just awaiting a green light and I will call all the volunteers to get the ball rolling.

Meeting with Cannery Row Association this weekend for their concerns. and then with the Monterey PD.

R's N
Roy  

<!--EDIT|RidersNation
Reason for Edit: "kaynt spayl, aaynt smort eder"|1100806360 -->

Thanks for the update.  Hey when you talk to the Monterey PD.  They need to know that their service is substandard involving cannery row.  Closing the street at 4pm before it is even full with parked bikes just puts a bad mood on the event.  Look to Daytona Beach.  They call in reinforcments from other cities, and don't close main street untill late(midnight or so).  They should close cannery row to cars, but let bikes pass slowly.  Makes for a much improved event.

Cannery row last year was a huge dissappointment to me, but maybe I was spoiled from years of bike week in Daytona.

Can't wait to see the MotoGP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

<!--EDIT|Charlesbusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1100730727 -->

Good info RN. These type updates really keep us abreast of ongoing situations and kind of prepares one who doesn't attend these events that often. Thanx again...

Brian

Wow! Thanx for the update. Yeah 04 sucked on Cannery row, very subdued and just was kinda wierd like something was gonna bust... anyway the parade of bikes is what was a blast in 03, live street bands ...
thumbs-up.gif

- K

Yes I agree. 2004 was different. I actually left for about an hour and came back and could not get back to my "reserved space". Funny how everyone remembers 02 ( We rode with Bryan McKnight, the Biker Boyz filming and stars, and seeing Nicky Hayden and Doug Chandler smash over Laureles Grade was a once in a lifetime event.) and 03 (the showbikes, the Revving Contest that the 12-R won, anyone hear it??? Full Muzzy NO CAN!, The guys taking the Gixxer up the Glass elevator and riding it down the escalator!! the GSXR750 on its side, and 2004 (the fire truck, all of the Choppers, the Homeless guy with a hood on that punched the V-Rod guy, all the representation of clubs.and the lingerie girls.)

But I do remember, How QUIET it got when the streets shut down to traffic. It Sucked. Everyone was like waiting for something to happen. The Homeless guy, who punched aguy 'cause he wouldn't give him a dollar, when he got taken down, some of the rougher around the edges riders thought it was a rider and started mouthing off to the cops, which if it got out of hand would have ruined OUR future. That is why I am so damn passionate about this event. Now it is Two nights, It is already poised to be TOO big, and it does need better organization. I hope we can do an Area Parade and bring in a good crowd.

This Year I want to meet and invite any one from the boards to stop by and say "Hi". I wish I had a bigger place I would set up a Riders camp if I had to just so that more people could come. For some it is all they can do nowadays just to get here in gas let alone pay for an outrageously gouged room fee. We are also trying to encourage people to write to the City of Monterey for Help. I am writing a petition for Out of Towners only to ask for cooperation for the event, even if every single rider has to sign a waiver or agreement to obide by the law in order to parade the Row, to keep the flow continuos.

Any Input is Greatly Appreciated.

Roy
R'sN

<!--EDIT|RidersNation
Reason for Edit: None given...|1100801497 -->

Back