lace or no lace?

moloko

Banned
So, I had intended to do a lace paint job on my bike, I've got one round of candy on it now. So, do I add 4 more coats tonight, save myself an extra week of no 'busa and not do lace... or go for the huge PITA the lace is gonna be and clear this first coat and call it a night?

I could go either way at this point, the nolace I think looks great, and of course there is always the very small chance I screw the lace up... lol

2011-06-05211858.jpg

Posted via Mobile Device
2011-06-05213559.jpg

1 vote for lace. :thumbsup:

If you've got the skills for it, i think the lace would simultaneously tone down that orange flake, while adding some subtle wow factor. Haven't seen a Busa done like that. You should end up with something really original.

That is some big flake...the lace would look cool. Would the lace block more coats of the same color or would you add another color + how would you hold the lace in place? It seems the hard stretch would be around the tank.

The lace would be done with the same color, so the crazy frilly patterns I've already bought the lace... would be the light color. Would realy catch in the sun.

Yeah, it's 3 sizes of flake, small to bass boat huge, over silver metallic base.
2011-03-05154613.jpg

Posted via Mobile Device

It would also look good if you did a taped off design with the lace over it...somewhat like ghost flames

Clearing it, I'm liking it without the lace. Prolly do a mock up and see how big a deal stretching the lace will be, but I'm leaning towards leaving it.
Posted via Mobile Device

Clearing it, I'm liking it without the lace. Prolly do a mock up and see how big a deal stretching the lace will be, but I'm leaning towards leaving it.
Posted via Mobile Device

Thats what I meant to say, definitely no lace:whistle:

lace it, that pearl is way too much. then again, i'm a fan of subtle, so to each their own.

or perhaps a design that you fill in with the lace pattern. number plate, kanji, skull, something like that.

i like the fill design with lace idea... i think... any examples of what it would look like done with lace??

I'm going to cast my vote for the lace. It will look really nice, and you get points for subtlety.

Ok I am lost what is this lace thing? How is it done.... Teach me oh wise ones...

1ibandit
88 ZL1000, 07 KaBusa
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You can spray over the lace from a fabric store with a clear / blending clear and lay it a panel that needs to be painted. Stretching it and positioning will be easy or a nightmare. Then you spary a few coats of pearl, color, or a candy...then remove the lace. The lace will block the last few coats leaving behind a pattern. Then you clear it and it looks detailed without taping. There are many steps that can ruin the job such as pulling it off...if you smear the paint it looks bad + you have to start over...but when it goes well it looks great.

Back