ICON field armor boot

rockethead

Registered
It was time for some new street boots and since I had good experience with the low cut version (field armor chucka) I would try the 3/4 length field armor boot.
Out of the box they look great. Double stitched seams and lots of buckles lol. Fit was snug at first till I got playing with the different options to adjust the snugness around my calf. There is a traditional lace system that IMO u set and forget. It has full zipper on inner boot that is very nice. Double stitched ykk zipper looks/feels strong. See when I zip up loosening the laces aids in sum extra calf room. The buckles are nice and connected to a shin plate. The straps on buckles have wide range of adjustment and I ended up with a good fit. Not too snug or too loose. After wearing them for an hour they are beginning to loosen up a bit and are not much different than it's shorter version when comparing mobility. I figure within an 8 hour day in these they will be broke in fairly well. I also like they come in sz14 and have the lug sole. I do a lot of walking during the day and these are comfortable to walk in. Granted they have less mobility than the shorter version but are tolerable. Can't wait for the rain to let up so I can get some seat time with em. I expect similar results as the shorter field armor chucka I wore for a year n a half.
Here are sum pics. The last one shows how the laces are attached to zipper adding with the adjustment.

Rockethed using Tapatalk

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1305772040.563237.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1305772057.933338.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1305772110.676757.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1305772177.768037.jpg

Mine didn't last 1000 miles until the zipper broke. I wasn't impressed. Funky to walk around in too. Stinks, since I LOVE the looks of them...
Good luck with yours, hope you have better luck than I did. :beerchug:

You may want to red loctite the screws that hold the buckles on.

I had 3 or 4 of mine come out in the back of my truck one a trip one time. Luckily I found them all.

I liked mine...kind of heavy...but comfortable to walk in compared to my narrow Sidi's

hope so too. all the stress does seem to go right to the zipper so we'll see. i still have my other ones if zipper does bust. i did think about this but left it out when posting. im excited about the boots and forgot about the stress on the zipper. i too love the looks of em.

I didn't say it to make you worry, I was just disappointed in the low quality zipper when the rest of the boots seem to be so "beefy"... They get great reviews from people, so they can't all be bad. I musta got a bad pair is all..

well when i first inspected the boots i thought hmm stress seems to be on the zipper. wonder what shoe shop i can take it to if the zipper busts. that was my next question: how many of you guys who have had these had zipper problems? GsxrBots, which zipper failed? was it your shift foot by chance? i figure that would go first with all the movement of continuous shifting.. the other shorter version i have , the leather where i shift is turning grey and wearing down lol too much in town riding :laugh:

Yeah it was the left one. I still have them, and was just someday going to take them to a shoe shop and see if they could fix them. Icon was NO HELP since I got them as a gift and didn't have the receipt (long story)

well that sux. lol. sorry to hear that. i just left a review on MC superstore stating I question the zipper's integrity with all the stress leading to the top of zipper. another thought I had is since the boot is so beefy/double stitched and all would a shoe shop even mess with it... owell. for now they are awesome and can't wait to get out and wear em. i got em on now as well:laugh: i do that with all my new gear, wear it for a while n see how i like it. I want a pair of Sidi Vertigo boots also (love the calf adjuster---- fear the narrow width) but not sure on the fit. hate to get some kickin italian boots and they not fit

I wear sidi vertebrae boots and the calves are adjustable. From the looks of your pics my calves are prolly even bigger than yours and they fit fine... Not so easy with leather race pants inside them though, but still doable. :D

Posted from my HTC EVO using tapatalk...

hows the width in those GsxrBots?

They are just fine for me, and they break in wonderfully. I'd rather wear my sidi's than my tennis shoes they are so comfy. Only problem I have is the squeaking. Drives me nuts!

Posted from my HTC EVO using tapatalk...

Interesting read guys thanks. Myself and a buddy were thinking about ordering a couple pairs of these up. Problem i am having is finding them at a shop to try them on and find size. I tried the chukka and they seem to fit small, I felt like they was trying pop my toes off by squeezing when i tried on the 12s :p.

Any good shoe or boot repair shop should be able to help out with the zipper if it breaks. Keep informed if you have anymore issues would you please.

Sure. I wear size 14 and they are good for me. My bolts came in for my rear wheel ( other thread "any suggestions ") so I got to work on bike while wearing these boots. They IMO seem broken in already. And since I am used to the chukka no missed shifts lol. I'll definitely keep updating if there are any issues with them :thumbsup:

Rockethed using Tapatalk

Update. Well I finally got these boots to fit correctly. Well, they fit great everywhere else except in the calf area. Just too tight for me but I have big calves/ legs etc... So on a normal man under 300lbs these should fit great lol. So the adjustments I made were to move the bottom buckle out a bit and remove top buckle. 2 screws hold buckles on, I moved bottom one out so it's only being held by one screw. Tried same with the top buckle but ended up removing it. So it works for me and now there isn't any pressure on zipper now. I'm pleased with the boots thus far. :thumbsup:

Rockethed using Tapatalk

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1306421595.677858.jpg

Back