Labor rates

BusaBret

Almost......
Donating Member
Registered
I called my local shop this morning to see how much it would be to change spark plugs. Parts and labor $200.00!!!!!!
There is no freaking way. They said 3 hrs labor. I went to dealership and got plugs for 20 bucks and an hour later I was done. They can take their labor rates and shove them!!

To anyone wondering about this...It is easier than changing the oil. Was to me any way.

If you go to GMBusas shop you just have to feed Ben hamburgers!

LoL

DSC04292.jpg

Sorry I know that doesnt help, IMO this is a do it your self maintenance.

jump9.gif
$200.00 bucks will buy a bunch of burgers. Prolly better company to keep as well.

Guys, I try to do as much of my own maintenance as I can... one, cause I have more time than money (and I have relatively little time as it is) and also because I learned working on helicopters that it is easier to have faith in a machine when you help to either build it or put it back together... since I have owned Bessie, there is only one time where she has been stripped down and I wasn't involved mechanically - and that was on April 26th, 2007...

Do as much as you can... you save a bunch and learn even more in the process...

Speaking of plugs, what is everyone using these days. Anything working really well?

(heavybusa @ May 11 2007,15:13) If you go to GMBusas shop you just have to feed Ben hamburgers!

LoL

DSC04292.jpg

Sorry I know that doesnt help, IMO this is a do it your self maintenance.
I hope Ben isn't pointing to the Spark Plugs!
crazy.gif

(sccrvettel82 @ May 11 2007,15:55) Speaking of plugs, what is everyone using these days. Anything working really well?
NGK CR9E (OEM)

or the iridium: NGK CR9EIX

I guess I didn't make myself clear. It pissed me off for them to think I would pay them that much for this service and it spurred me to do it myself. It took less than an hour and was easier than changing the oil which I did myself the last time. It will have to be a major problem before anyone touches my bike except me from now on.
I will be reading a bunch on the "Do it yourself" part of the board now.

I love this place.
super.gif

They are easy... do it yourself.

I don't like anyone working on my bike that I don't know and can trust.

(BusaBret @ May 11 2007,16:10) I called my local shop this morning to see how much it would be to change spark plugs. Parts and labor $200.00!!!!!!
There is no freaking way. They said 3 hrs labor. I went to dealership and got plugs for 20 bucks and an hour later I was done. They can take their labor rates and shove them!!

To anyone wondering about this...It is easier than changing the oil. Was to me any way.
Dude my first time changing plugs with no knowledge period took about 30 minutes tops. My plugs, the same that came in it $1.00 a piece at Advanced Auto. They still got ya.
laugh.gif

Dealerships are frigging ridiculous.
mad.gif

(dadofthree @ May 11 2007,15:16)
(BusaBret @ May 11 2007,16:10) I called my local shop this morning to see how much it would be to change spark plugs. Parts and labor $200.00!!!!!!

Dude my first time changing plugs with no knowledge period took about 30 minutes tops. My plugs, the same that came in it $1.00 a piece at Advanced Auto. They still got ya.
laugh.gif

Dealerships are frigging ridiculous.
mad.gif
DOT,

By that time I was so pissed I didn't care. My son was with me and we kicked the tires on a few bikes while we were there.
The hardest part of all was getting the air box back on the throttle bodies. That took 1.5 minutes. In the less than an hour total it took I also adjusted my idle and cleaned the air filter.

I was worried about getting the airbox back on, but it was easier than taking it off. Guess I got lucky. You should be able to save at least $15.00 next time. Omar threw some good numbers at cha for plugs.

My warranty is up in a few months and I'm going purolator filter and synthetic oil. Hopefully I'll save a little money doing this. I spend $22.00 for four qrts of zuki oil and the OEM filter.

(BusaBret @ May 11 2007,15:12) I guess I didn't make myself clear. It pissed me off for them to think I would pay them that much for this service and it spurred me to do it myself. It took less than an hour and was easier than changing the oil which I did myself the last time. It will have to be a major problem before anyone touches my bike except me from now on.
I will be reading a bunch on the "Do it yourself" part of the board now.

I love this place.
super.gif
You have a great place to come to for information on any Maint. you want to perform right here. Do it yourself and know it is done right. If you have a problem we are always here to help. Once you get into doing your own work you will even enjoy working on your busa.
beerchug.gif

Back