Key fob thread was interesting

twotonevert

Member of P.E.A.
Donating Member
Registered
I didnt want to jack the key fob thread, so what about superstitions? I know a lot of folks that ride and hang a bell on thier bike to ward off road demons. Does anyone use some type of charm or good luck piece that they hang from the bike? Personally, I have always thought it to be a good idea, but I dont ride faster than my guardian angel can fly. Nor have I have I felt strongly enough about it to purchase something like that. Anyone?

From the "story" behind the bell, you are not supposed to purchase it yourself, it is supposed to be given to you...

I really don't have any real superstitions about riding, I don't like to talk about "how fast" have you ridden, I don't usually answer when someone asks, I just try to skirt the question.

From the "story" behind the bell, you are not supposed to purchase it yourself, it is supposed to be given to you...

I really don't have any real superstitions about riding, I don't like to talk about "how fast" have you ridden, I don't usually answer when someone asks, I just try to skirt the question.
I do remember that, the bell is supposed to be a gift. That would explain why I dont have one!
laugh.gif
I dont like bad discussions either and will avoid them.

Yes I have a lucky charm, it's called a key. You insert it in the ignition and it works "every" time......awesome little ditty.
coolold.gif

....I don't like to talk about "how fast" have you ridden, I don't usually answer when someone asks, I just try to skirt the question.
Funny, I feel the same way about that, just never really considered it. Perhaps I DO have that one little superstition. Maybe it's more feeling a little pang at the thought of exercising my one vice...

I do remember that, the bell is supposed to be a gift. That would explain why I dont have one!
laugh.gif
PM me your address... that's an easy fix...

I was just kiddin with you brother, you dont have to send me anything.

I bought a bell for a friends 1K... he returned the favor a few months later and bought me one. It hangs from the lower spring of my Akro pipe. Been there for over a year. I dont have any real superstitions, I just thought the story/idea behind it was nice. I bought one for my friend from gremlinbells.com He in turn got mine from them as well. It came in a nice little box as well. He told me on several occations how he thought it was a class act and was greatfull that i had got it for him. Of course, it is a conversation piece when people notice it hanging from my bike.

I ride with an angel on a small clip that my grandmother always kept in her car.. it stays on my jacket now... and it's worked so far!

I didn't know it was for sport bikes too. I bought one for GJoker's HD... our son placed it on the bike. That way it was a family effort.

My only superstition is I NEVER put my helmet on the ground.... well except for when I was IN IT... and when I threw it across the dragstrip
banghead.gif

I don't know why but when I first started rding someone told me it was bad luck.

I always pray before I pull out of the driveway for every ride for protection an to get me home safely. I guess that could be a superstition too.

laugh.gif
PM me your address... that's an easy fix...
I'm new to the sport bike world and I am unprotected to..

DSC05721a.jpg

I saw a bell on someones bike at the PMRA ride in OKC.. neat story..

Yep, had a buddy buy me a gremlin bell. I took it off my '06 and it now resides off the bell pan of the '08. When my son got his bike, I bought him one too. I don't know it it works, but maybe it does--so why not?

after i crashed about 5 years ago, a my co-workers husband gave me a bell (at 1st i was like, wtf.. a bell) then i learned the story. have had it ever since

My only superstition is I NEVER put my helmet on the ground.... well except for when I was IN IT... and when I threw it across the dragstrip  
banghead.gif

I don't know why but when I first started rding someone told me it was bad luck.

I always pray before I pull out of the driveway for every ride for protection an to get me home safely. I guess that could be a superstition too.
Wow! I feel soooooo much better now.I was thinking that I was the only one who was a helmet thrower. On a lighter note,I just say to myself that I or we have to get home in one peice,and so far it always works.

Back