KEVLAR brake lines better than Stainless Steel

3rdbusa

Registered
<span style='color:darkblue'>Going to add better brake lines. Anyone know anything about Goodridge Kevlar brake lines.  They state they are better than SS brake lines.

www.wardsweb.org/busa/hayabusa_mods_front.html  

Whos are the best? Read somewhere on the board that some companies SS front lines were to short, but cannot remember who's they were. Advice please  
eek2.gif
</span>

<!--EDIT|3rdbusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1117906925 -->

I dont know about the kevlar liners... but Ihave HEL on Elenor... they are quality make, useful...and send you the right size... so that you dont have issues with the length when you put them on!!

I have the Kevlar lines on my bike. I like them, but to tell the truth, I can't really tell the difference between them and the stock lines. Maybe a more progressive feel when I pull the lever. I replaced the pads at the same time with EBCs and the whole combo made a big difference.

Big improvement in Kevlar/SS going from the factory lines. Won't notice any diff between kevlar and SS though, IMO.
smile.gif

DO NOT GET THE GOODRICH!!!!!! they suck i got some for my bike but they were made short i just got it all back together yesterday after a 1 1/2 week wait for the right size line. they sent me 4 lines all at once and only one fit right. the original was to short and the fittings were not in the right position. there customer service sucks to. get anything but goodrich

DO NOT GET THE GOODRICH!!!!!! they suck i got some for my bike but they were made short i just got it all back together yesterday after a 1 1/2 week wait for the right size line. they sent me 4 lines all at once and only one fit right. the original was to short and the fittings were not in the right position. there customer service sucks to. get anything but goodrich
So what are you saying?
biggrin.gif
What's the best company to get colored stainless lines from and what are some good brakes to get?

So what are you saying?  
biggrin.gif
 What's the best company to get colored stainless lines from and what are some good brakes to get?
HEL makes colored liners...

<span style='color:purple'><span style='font-size:15pt;line-height:100%'>Just want best quality, will get black lines. have a black and purple bike, UNLESS anyone knows of a better color for her.</span></span>

<!--EDIT|3rdbusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1118096985 -->

Hi!

Got kevlar lines on my 03 and that made my busa a better braking bike . Goodridge lines and they fitted perfect. (lifetime guarantee not to forget)
Just bleed your lines right and the busa will get a stiffer feel in your lever. (and footbreake....but I never use it in that way so I could tell any difference)
The Goodridge ones are thinner than stock but the only difference you notice easy is the anodised metal on the ends.
And a little yellow plastic around the line with goodridge typed on it.

A good investment in my opinion.

I've had Goodridge lines on my last 3 bike and never had a problem with fitment . I will be getting some for the Busa soon .

<span style='font-size:13pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:purple'>Went with HEL parts's Thanks for all the info and advice
idea.gif
</span></span>

<!--EDIT|3rdbusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1118121706 -->

Back