Kenz fuel injection controller ?

G

Does anyone have any information/opinion about this controller ? There are also versions for the TL1000R and TL1000S.

http://www.kenz-pro.co.jp
page is only in Japanese
price is 59,000 yen. I'm trying to get more info, looks like it plugs into your current controller and then flashes new settings ?? These guys appear to build race bikes and competed in the Motegi 7 hour road race. Their Hayabusa finished 9th and TL1000R finished 33rd in a field of 176 riders. Can't be too bad. I just ordered the chitan coated screen from them.

Reading the Japanese mags is difficult and time consuming, I'm illiterate in English let alone Japanese :) I will prompt my assistant to call A-Tech tomorrow morning. Hopefully get a web address off them or parts catalog.

Dazee, I tried to reach Mikuni Racing from the Mikuni corp. in the US. They say they have no contact with them as they are a Japanese division of the huge Mikuni Corp.

The rearsets and tripple clamp/clipons would be nice to see in the US. Could you also try too look this stuff up.

Thank you again, for your assistance!

Hi Dazee, I think this new controller is basically another yosh box.

The Suzuki ECM unit in the bike has the capacity to store "modifiers" - simple settings that the ECM will add or subtract from the fuel mixture. This is the equivalent to "re-jetting" a normal carbureted bike.

The yosh box is a very simple device that simply tells the ECM which modifiers to store. Anyone who buys a yosh box and has a decent electrical engineer can duplicate the box, and possibly make them to re-sell. The hard stuff is all in the bike itself...

My guess (please don't flame me if I am wrong) is that this Japanese firm has produced a box that has the same basic effect as a yosh box. The only other real option (if you want finer control) is to build a new unit into the bike itself, like Dynojet's PC2 for example.

Dazee "Our Man in Japan" you are the next best thing to being there. Please check on Mikuni Racing for the rearsets and etc.

Forgive me if I am a pest, but you do come up with the info!

Thank you so much

Hey Dazee, here's (very) loose translation of the product page:

"The product which can easily change the amount of the exhalation of the injector open times of (*injekushonkontorohrah*) ["Injection controller" for those of us who speak Engrish] throttle by the dial operation.

"Of course, the personal computer etc. do not need either, and it is compact and carrying a convenient size. It is likely to know, and the (*injekushon*) installation car changes jets like the cab letter car and does not live in the setting at low inside velocity. The setting of the (*injekushon*) car of â€￾R’²(unknown word) in one-touch becomes possible. When the range where the setting can be done is paraphrased comprehensible in the cab letter, four systems (the slowness system, the (*niidorujet*) system, and the (*niidoru*) system and the main jet system). This becomes possible the independence of this open times of the throttle by the part (open times 0, each 25%, and 50% and 50% or more) adjustment with the dial. Moreover, [it] comes also to experience shortage recommended because it is possible to return it to the setting when shipping it by 0 setting all in case of hesitatingly in the setting. â€￾R’²(unknown word) of the phenomenon such as the valley of the torque has come out as (*afutahfaiah*) [Backfire??] is caused when the muffler is exchanged is incompatible. In a word, it is a cause such as not catching up of the amount of the exhalation of the gas with the muffler to which the exhaust efficiency improves (Improve about the omission). Flatly doing the torque curve after the highest output is improved as understood even if [it] thinks won't come so by the spear and making in the amount of the exhalation of (*nohmaruinjekushon*). This (*injekushonkontorohrah*) is an indispensable item in a more certain setting. [It] arranges it for four models of the GSX1300R falcon and TL1000S/R and GSX-R750. Of course, I will correspond to goods outside the company mufflers other than our company. By the way, the falcon racer of (*kents*) also is setting it up as this controller."

You've got to love a company whose motto is "MORTER CYCLE FOLLOWING IN MY HEART".

Dazee, if you don't have it already, track down a software made by Fujitsu called "TransLingGO!". It does a remarkable job of translating Japanese web pages into (sometimes) comprehensible English. The above is an example. Sometimes it's better than the above, sometimes its much worse, especially if the author is waxing poetic.

-- Falconer

Believe it or not that translation made alot more sense than trying to get my girlfriend to explain it ! Being the lazy knucklehead that I am I completely forgot about translation software :) Guess it's time to hang up my spurs as a computer consultant ! So the thing basically plugs into the ECU and flashes some preset changes for you engine, is not as flexible as using the PC2. I think I would see if I can get them to demo this for me first.

Right, let me try these A-Tech people again . . . .

Mikuni is sooo big it doesn't know its arse from its elbow. The main web site for them is http://www.mikuni.co.jp but this just gives general corporation information. So far we have not even been able to confirm the existance of Mikuni Racing only that they make carbs. They advised us to contact Suzuki to see if they knew about it ????

OK, I'm off to do some more work, it's better than sitting around here on my elbows :)

Now I know how they write VCR instructions! Anyway, the translation (thanks!) did make a bit of sense, I got from it that you have basically three rough settings (smilar to yosh box) ability to put it back to zero again (yosh box), works on GSXR750, TLR, TLS, 'Busa (yosh box), can compensate fuel mixture to reduce backfiring, compensates across wide throttle range - all of the above cry out to me "Yosh box!"

I stand by my original guess, they have produced a box to set the internal modifiers in the bike's ECM, which is exactly what the yosh box does.

http://www.bekkoame.ne.jp/i/a-tech/ for the A-Tech stuff if you want to bother. It's a very poor site and the busa isn't even listed on it. They are sending me the parts catalog and any pictures/prices for busa related parts, I'll post them on my web-site when I get them.

right, Mikuni racing here I come . . . .

[This message has been edited by dazee (edited 06 October 1999).]

thanks blitzn, forgot to look through my mook ! OK, the number is correct and they are Mikuni Racing, that's the good news. Now for the bad, they have no web-site or parts catalog currently. A catalog should be ready by the end of the year but there are no current plans for a web page.

Back