Richening Mixture with Throttle Sensor?

OB_MN Busa

Registered
Has anyone attempted to richen the overall mixture of the fuel injection by a minor readjustment or bias setting of the throttle position sensor? As one individual properly noted twice on the recent airbox mod post, the Busa does not automatically richen mixture when a modification is made that increase airflow or decreases exhaust pressure (e.g. following installations of cans/pipes) [there is no 02 sensor to evaluate exhaust composition and no piezo sensor to check mixture and/or spark advance tolerance]. Now I can just see the responses coming back that will urge a reprogramming of the injection map, or the installation of a replacement controller altogether, and I am not interested. If you look at the history on posts from those that have remapped their injection program, the reports are laced with as many bad reports (at least in terms of driveability if not worse) as there are (admittedly) good reports. What I am curious about is whether a relatively simple adjustment would have a minor but positive effect of richening mixture, enough so to compensate for a comparatively low impact mod like the installation of end-cans to the existing headers with no other change.

If anyone has thought about this, or tried it intentionally or by accident, I would be interested in their feedback.

Prior to map changes,

1) adjust TPS

2) sync throttle bodies

3) run on dyno for baseline (all stock)

4) continue and compare changes based against (3)

Yes - I like in Rosemount and work in Eagan. The inlaws live at the end of one of the fairways of the Wayazata Country Club golf course. Whereabouts are you situated?

I Live off of broadway in town. I Think I might have seen you down off of pilot knob last summer if you have a copper. I was going to stop but I was working. Seeing another Busa up here is rare. There was another guy on this board from MN but he died.

Unfortunately he died on his Bus visiting family in TX. A ride is a must>

Back