Throttle position sensor

buss05

WOOKIE
Donating Member
Registered
I recently loaded a new MAP on my pcIII. When the MAP was loaded the throttle position sensor values were reset but the numbers were not much different. After the change I noticed the bike lurches at any RPM below 4000 with anything less than about 25% throttle. I switched back to the previous MAP and the lurching continues. The only other thing that was altered was the TPS. Does anyone know what the correct FACTORY values of the Throttle Position Sensor is or any other advice that will eliminate this problem

Well, I'm no engine expert...but what solved it for me was (re)installing my TRE!

I had the same issue, surging below 4K - I reinstalled my TRE and it all went away!

Now, all that said, I've got over 15,000 miles and I have not sync'd the t-bodies; I think they're outta sync and that may fix it.

HTH

hey man i noticed the same thin buss05 i did it right i know i did hmm let me try something on mine and i will call you and let you know

Well, I'm no engine expert...but what solved it for me was (re)installing my TRE!

I had the same issue, surging below 4K - I reinstalled my TRE and it all went away!

Now, all that said, I've got over 15,000 miles and I have not sync'd the t-bodies; I think they're outta sync and that may fix it.

HTH
I've already got a TRE installed. I would have thought that would be the case too. Mostly I'm looking for those values to reset to factory to test. I just don't want to input a wrong value that might possibly damage anything inside the motor.

hey  man i noticed the same thin buss05  i did it right i know i did  hmm  let me try something on mine and  i will call you and let you know
I uploaded the full Muzzy map and it's not as bad but still anything under 4000 revs and it's like a retard driving a stick shift for the first time. The dayum thing even barks the tires at a steady 20 mph around 2500-3000 revs. Craziest thing I've ever seen. As soon as I can find those stock TPS values I'm going to start messing with the TPS some more and dial it in. But let me know what you figure out. My PC could be Fu**ed too. Those blazing lights after we put the map on is a little strange.

mrninja got the answer. When you are in the power commander program on the computer (using the pcIII and USB) and you have the option open to set throttle position sensor, you have to hit the "reset" button, immediately rev the engine to 5000-6000 rpm, and immediately hit the "save" button after the engine rev. This sequence will set the throttle position sensor. These instructions came from power commander directly.

Mad props to mrninja for going the extra mile to find the answer. And you know what they when all else fails consult the manual. Or in this case the manufacturer.

ok you have to hit reset blip the throttle i did it to half let go and hit save that way it knows the parameter

Back