Easy ways to change fuel mixture without special tools.

OB_EXCLR8

Registered
I Have a friend who is an Electral Engineer. His specialty is closed and open loop control (like the computer controlling the Busa injection.) He has built several fuel injection systems from the ground up. This includes the ECU. He says that there are several ways we can fool the computer into changing the fuel mixtuer.

One of the easyest is to change the Throttle Position Sensor (TPS) timming. As I am sure most of you know, the Busa has a different Fuel map for every gear and even for different load conditions. This will change the mixture in all situations. By turning the TPS counter clock wise, you richen the mixture. By turning the TPS clock wise, you lean the mixture. I don't recommend playing with it if you are not familiar with tuning an engine that is to lean or to rich. Please note that there is a post on this board that desribes how to set the TPS to factory default.

There are several more that I will post later, when I have tested them and am sure that these will not cause major problems.

I DO NOT ACCEPT ANY RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY DAMAGE THAT MAY RESULT FROM THIS MODIFICATION! TRY IT AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!

Back