increasing fuel pressure

OB_KawAbuser

Registered
Nope, that is not the way. The pressure regulator controls fuel pressure. All you will do with that idea is cause your pump to need an EXLAX. The pressure regulator controls fuel pressure to the injectors, restricting the return line is not going to affect the regulator output (that is the job of the regulator to control pressure to the fuel bar)

If I am wrong please correct me, but it is like basic plumbing, Ask Bob Villa on this old house. It is really the same sh*t but differant, plumbing is plumbing. A pressure regulator is a pressure regulator water or gasoline. A volcano eruption is a broken one on a grand scale, but restricting the return line is only going to mess with the pumps internal pressure making it work harder and overheat, you are not raising your fuel pressure at the injector side. Just the internal pressure of the pump, constipation is not good for you or your fuel pump.

Dr. KAWvorkian.

Why don't you increase the duration of the injector, Yosh Box or PCII.

DR MOTORHEAD is this diagnosis OK, second opinion needed in OR!

[This message has been edited by KawAbuser (edited 19 February 2000).]

?IF I"m not mistaken your limiting the rate of fuel flow returning to the tank will be screwed up because of the pumps flow amount vs the amount consumed will be different at different times.you can just buy a modified reg.from lee. he said 5lb increase worked well.But you have to watch playig the pressure game.Your not to do this for greater fuel delivery but for better atomization.this can cause overworking and susequent overheating and life span problems when done on high impedence injectors with voltage operating envelope limitations.a low impedence injector from my understanding can operate within a much broader voltage(pressure)operating envelope.I'd mess with its duration instead for now till the life expectancy of this mod is brought to light.

[This message has been edited by THE MOTORHEAD (edited 19 February 2000).]

[This message has been edited by THE MOTORHEAD (edited 19 February 2000).]

Back