Kenosha et al

Sooner or later people will stay away from these threads and eventually this forum (many have already--and solid posters too).

What people have gone missing from the forum and how do you know they were put off by threads they're obviously not posting in? None of us are gone and we're the one's talking about it. I assumed the ones who haven't hung in on the conversation just focussed on other topics.

I think we do need to have these type threads on a board. They reveal a lot of things that need to be talked about in America.

I agree but I value my busa info more than even these discussions which I consider to be high quality compared to what is available on FB. I don't mind a bitter argument as long as I can state my opinion but if this sort of thing really does run off some knowledgeable members, it's not worth it.

What people have gone missing from the forum and how do you know they were put off by threads they're obviously not posting in? None of us are gone and we're the one's talking about it. I assumed the ones who haven't hung in on the conversation just focussed on other topics.

I got some PMs from people

Did you watch the video? If I have 2 cops drawing their weapons on me, in what world does someone disregard the orders, turn their backs on the cops, because they need to go check on their kids?
Ok I'll say it if he were white no shots fired. He would have at least been tackled or tasered and not be almost murdered. But of course come back with how justified the cops were. Be typical, I'll wait. Let me stop posting because I really don't want to know that some of the people I ask for help with my bike in this forum could care less how human beings are treated in this country. I could careless about someone losing their business, (that whats insurance is for), more than someone losing their life. Something gotta change because our Government cannot legislate people hearts but police reform is over do. In fact i will say Policing is just fine just have it work for all people. I write this after hearing of the Breonna Taylor verdict. Lets be better to each other and think better of each other. Good Day.

Last edited:
Ok I'll say it if he were white no shots fired. He would have at least been tackled or tasered and not be almost murdered. But of course come back with how justified the cops were. Be typical, I'll wait. Let me stop posting because I really don't want to know that some of the people I ask for help with my bike in this forum could care less how human beings are treated in this country. I could careless about someone losing their business, (that whats insurance is for), more than someone losing their life. Something gotta change because our Government cannot legislate people hearts but police reform is over do. In fact i will say Policing is just fine just have it work for all people. I write this after hearing of the Breonna Taylor verdict. Lets be better to each other and think better of each other. Good Day.

I care about someone losing their business, this wasn't a McDonalds, this was a business started by a grandfather and handed down 3 generations. Wanton destruction of property and killing of people has to stop, if you listened to the message the man was saying in the video, it was a powerful message. Destroying someone's property will not help a cause and will most likely turn those people against it.

Of course people have to learn to get along, that's a given however, people have been battling one another ever since they figured out how to pick up a rock or stick after they painted something on a cave wall.

Mankind has evolved in many ways but that same sense of wanting to kill each other remains, it's ingrained into our very being. I have seen first hand the effects of "ethnic cleansing" and it is not pretty yet happens each and every day somewhere on this planet. What is happening in the US is far removed from "Ethnic Cleansing."

What isn't helping is the "whipping up to a frenzied level" of protest each and every time an incident such as this occurs. There are investigations and it seems these investigations are suspect, there are days in court for those involved (if necessary) and it seems these are suspect. If an incident goes to these levels and the courts find the accused innocent-that should be the end of it. If people no longer trust the police, investigators, the courts and the government-what's left to trust.

There are thousands of police interactions between different races each day across the US yet there aren't thousands of shootings or deaths as a result so the majority of these interactions must be complaint with law.

Last edited:
I care about someone losing their business, this wasn't a McDonalds, this was a business started by a grandfather and handed down 3 generations. Wanton destruction of property and killing of people has to stop, if you listened to the message the man was saying in the video, it was a powerful message. Destroying someone's property will not help a cause and will most likely turn those people against it.

Of course people have to learn to get along, that's a given however, people have been battling one another ever since they figured out how to pick up a rock or stick after they painted something on a cave wall.

Mankind has evolved in many ways but that same sense of wanting to kill each other remains, it's ingrained into our very being. I have seen first hand the effects of "ethnic cleansing" and it is not pretty yet happens each and every day somewhere on this planet. What is happening in the US is far removed from "Ethnic Cleansing."

What isn't helping is the "whipping up to a frenzied level" of protest each and every time an incident such as this occurs. There are investigations and it seems these investigations are suspect, there are days in court for those involved (if necessary) and it seems these are suspect. If an incident goes to these levels and the courts find the accused innocent-that should be the end of it. If people no longer trust the police, investigators, the courts and the government-what's left to trust.

There are thousands of police interactions between different races each day across the US yet there aren't thousands of shootings or deaths as a result so the majority of these interactions must be complaint with law.
Again insurance 3 generations of material goods can be replaced. I did listen to the video and the people doing most of the destroying don't even have a dog in the fight and consider themselves woke I guess. We need the Police to take control and be professional but we are seeing first hand cops being violent first to establish order even during peaceful protest. I'm sure there are thousands of bad interactions with cops we are only exposed to what we see on video. A cop stopping me because he says I'm following to close to the person in front of me just too see who I am and why I'm in a white neighborhood. I get ask all kinds of questions about who I am, where I'm from because my license must be clearly fake and where do I work. I tell him I don't answer questions. Racial profiling happens everyday in the thousands. Being treated like a criminal and acting like I don't belong somewhere is not a good interaction to me. Maybe I was lost and needed help but no I'm greeted with who am I and where you work like that has any relevance. That could be my son or daughter in that situation and l have to have the Police talk with them so they come home safe. Sir you have no idea of the percentage of good or bad police interactions in black or brown communities. Your making assumptions. I really wish this post would end and we get back to our love of the Busa.

Last edited:
Again insurance 3 generations of material goods can be replaced. I did listen to the video and the people doing most of the destroying don't even have a dog in the fight and consider themselves woke I guess. We need the Police to take control and be professional but we are seeing first hand cops being violent first to establish order even during peaceful protest. I'm sure there are thousands of bad interactions with cops we are only exposed to what we see on video. A cop stopping me because he says I'm following to close to the person in front of me just too see who I am and why I'm in a white neighborhood. I get ask all kinds of questions about who I am, where I'm from because my license must be clearly fake and where do I work. I tell him I don't answer questions. Racial profiling happens everyday in the thousands. Being treated like a criminal and acting like I don't belong somewhere is not a good interaction to me. Maybe I was lost and needed help but no I'm greeted with who am I and where you work like that has any relevance. That could be my son or daughter in that situation and l have to have the Police talk with them so they come home safe. Sir you have no idea of the percentage of good or bad police interactions in black or brown communities. Your making assumptions. I really wish this post would end and we get back to our love of the Busa.
I've been stopped for the very same type things. Sir you made an abrupt lane change back there. Let me see your license etc. Yes they also ask me where I'm going? Where I'm from. Why I have stuff that could be stolen property in the back of my truck. They shine their flashlight around my vehicle interior while I gather the requested paperwork. He purposely shines the light in my eyes. Then they run my license. Check me out.

I answer all of those questions.

The cop might be an arsehole, but we make different choices in that scenario. I don't really want to give him an excuse to make the stop get worse for me.

And I don't think I want to hang with another Busa owner who believes burning my Busa down is OK because I have insurance on it. I'd hope to have him arrested if he did.

For some reason other than racial, this sort of stop and check has become customary...I say this because the color or race of the police officer stopping you could be anything. They are exposed to all sorts of daily activities which has made them start to do these sorts of stops and question people.

If everyone was a good person, these stops would most likely never happen. Many places here in Canada, racial profiling stops are no longer and that is a good thing. The same needs to happen in the US as well.

You are correct, I have no idea of how many good or bad police interactions occur but the media does and if that number was atrocious, it would be spattered all over media sources...the fact that it is not tells me most interactions do NOT result in a shooting.

And I don't think I want to hang with another Busa owner who believes burning my Busa down is OK because I have insurance on it. I'd hope to have him arrested if he did.
I definitely couldn't replace either of my bikes even if the insurance would pay full price for a brand new one. I'd buy a brand new one but I wouldn't let go of the old ones. I guess a building is a little different because it should appreciate in value but I still doubt the insurance is going to pay out enough for a new building unless it was a new building that was destroyed. Then you have the task of removing the remains of the old building. Insurance helps but I don't think it solves all the problems of loosing possessions or lives either for that matter. Most cases, we'd like to keep what we had rather than get insurance money for it.

I definitely couldn't replace either of my bikes even if the insurance would pay full price for a brand new one. I'd buy a brand new one but I wouldn't let go of the old ones. I guess a building is a little different because it should appreciate in value but I still doubt the insurance is going to pay out enough for a new building unless it was a new building that was destroyed. Then you have the task of removing the remains of the old building. Insurance helps but I don't think it solves all the problems of loosing possessions or lives either for that matter. Most cases, we'd like to keep what we had rather than get insurance money for it.

The building in question was only in the family 30 or so years but there were items which were priceless to the family in there. There was no need for a protest to result in the wanton destruction of private property. Things like this will turn regular people sour to the cause they are trying to promote.

A protest comes through your neighborhood and they burn down your house-I can guarantee you won't shrug and say 'good thing we have insurance.."

It happened in Afghanistan, the farmer was forced to grow poppies for opium for the Taliban, NATO forces come along and eradicate the poppy fields....the Taliban come back and ask the farmer where is their poppies/or their money. He can't pay then they take his daughter to put her in the sex trade. That farmer is now anti-NATO and will do everything to help the Taliban so he can get his daughter back...

I've been stopped for the very same type things. Sir you made an abrupt lane change back there. Let me see your license etc. Yes they also ask me where I'm going? Where I'm from. Why I have stuff that could be stolen property in the back of my truck. They shine their flashlight around my vehicle interior while I gather the requested paperwork. He purposely shines the light in my eyes. Then they run my license. Check me out.

I answer all of those questions.

The cop might be an arsehole, but we make different choices in that scenario. I don't really want to give him an excuse to make the stop get worse for me.

Dude you took one statement and ran with it. When did I say burning down a business was OK because it's insured. I compared the burning down of a business to someones life. Business can be restored with insurance. A persons life is not equal to a destroyed business. If you can't get that concept we will never be hangout partners because I value life over replaceable material goods. WTF mind is blown right now.

Time to insert something we can all agree on and remind us all what we have in common!

Breathe

264297-9321a8e3ff40df82d02aec388a5f8928.data.jpg

264570-42bfa431b9a355c0f5302ba817989d04.data.jpg

264573-31e5f13d1d6e93d9617638bcd1d374f5.data.jpg

264574-82aabc4b1524298cdfca023331ef4196.data.jpg

311254-751529103f9f60d7b3e7997bfad0b446.data.jpg

362316-3a3fff1fdc6278f34eaeb71a2d04eed2.data.jpg

362319-0ae40cb9accb2f50b3204c811485f7ad.data.jpg

1524963-b479a97c95d0a8a8a60d983af884f6b2.data.jpg

1524964-f600c0d0253854aedec94f2cdc860400.data.jpg

post-6-49589-post_95_11670872191.jpg

post-12-00732-sand_canyon_curves.jpg

Dude you took one statement and ran with it. When did I say burning down a business was OK because it's insured. I compared the burning down of a business to someones life. Business can be restored with insurance. A persons life is not equal to a destroyed business. If you can't get that concept we will never be hangout partners because I value life over replaceable material goods. WTF mind is blown right now.
We agree on one thing. The burning down of a buildings does not equal the loss of life. Or a cities worth. So why do it? Won't bring a life back. And it will needlessly ruin others. I know you can't see the difference. If you try and burn down my property, it could very easily result in the loss of another life. Needlessly so.

We agree on one thing. The burning down of a buildings does not equal the loss of life. Or a cities worth. So why do it? Won't bring a life back. And it will needlessly ruin others. I know you can't see the difference. If you try and burn down my property, it could very easily result in the loss of another life. Needlessly so.
Again I'm not agreeing with burning down buildings. All I said is they should be insured so they are only losing material things which can be rebuilt. It's you that's not seeing the difference between a ruined life and a dead life. It's black and white to me(excuse the pun) which is life and death. Things happen but there s nothing you nor I can do about it so this discussion is pretty pointless unless we are decision makers that can make laws to reform the police but not Defund(dumbest thing I ever heard) Civil unrest is at its loudest when injustice is done. Whether you agree with the issues surrounding our country, millions of people have a problem with the world today and our law makers have to do something about it or nothing will change and more buildings will burn. People better have their premiums paid up.

I watched an interview last night with our Canadian Indigenous Chief who is a very intelligent man.

He stated "we can't live in the past but need to learn from it in order to move forward" he also said trying to eradicate the past will not make it go away so we need to educate everyone on the history of how we came to be as a nation-not just as a people.

This made perfect sense to me.

Even though he was talking about Canada, it can relate to the US as well. The fact injustice was done to black people is not the main issue-the main issue is the injustice has never stopped even after many 'race wars' and years later people of the black community are looked down on in general. That has to stop before the US can move forward-a healing has to take place.

Back