make DAMN SURE yer busa don't backfire in KC

craigntx

Registered
KC police fire at backfiring van - KansasCity.com
KC police fire at backfiring van

Two Kansas City police officers who thought they were being shot at from inside a van returned fire Thursday night.

Only later did police realize that the van was actually backfiring and the man inside was not armed. He was not injured by the shots fired by police.

Windows of the police car were apparently shot out by the officers as they exited the patrol car.

The officers were dispatched on a report of shots being fired from a white van just before 6 p.m. Thursday on Gregory Boulevard near Interstate 435.

When the officers got to the area they saw a white van parked on Gregory and pulled up near it. As they were getting out of the patrol car they heard the backfiring and fired their weapons. Police are continuing to investigate the incident.

Read more: KC police fire at backfiring van - KansasCity.com
???

Fear of death is a big adrenaline squirt...wouldn't want to be standing in the Captain's office trying to explain how the city will pay for emotional injuries, repair of bullet holes in van, and windows in cruiser...how embarrassing for these guys...

wow...omg....and they say we are paranoid...lol............. ok re read this....they were on a call of "shots fired report from the van" and when they pulled up ....it backfired....this sequence of events started due to a witness not understanding and setting up the "scenario" and im not sure i would have not reacted the same way.

Last edited:
Someone help me understand what I'm missing here.

And let me preface, I'm very supportive of police and the job they do, so don't nobody start cop bashing...

So the popo pulls up, hears "gunshots" and just start shooting? Ever heard of target acquisition? Wow. And if they took out their own windows did they even begin to think of resident collateral damage? I smell a couple of rookies, that or they attended some mail-order academy.

For their own good they need some therapy and hardcore training or possibly a career change.

Someone help me understand what I'm missing here.

And let me preface, I'm very supportive of police and the job they do, so don't nobody start cop bashing...

So the popo pulls up, hears "gunshots" and just start shooting? Ever heard of target acquisition? Wow. And if they took out their own windows did they even begin to think of resident collateral damage? I smell a couple of rookies, that or they attended some mail-order academy.

For their own good they need some therapy and hardcore training or possibly a career change.
Yes, they have been on the Dept. for less than a year.

what I was going to say, dam rookies... somewhat understandable though, think about it, this vehicle pulls up in your driveway backfiring and your wife or kids come running in sayin sounds like hes shooting, whats your first though gonna be when you go outside and hear the first one ring? id prolly be shooting to. dont know about through windows though:whistle:

Back