Kenosha et al

WuzzaCBXRider

Donating Member
Registered
Beginning now, from every police and sheriff‘s organization across the country, statements have to be made announcing immediate changes in how the police are evaluated, trained and hired. And the implementation of these new practices has to happen without delay. They can restructure and evaluate as they go but continuing down the same road as we’re used to just ain’t cuttin it. From the hiring process thru the Academy to actual contact experiences with the citizenry, if the personnel who staff this nation’s law enforcement agencies don’t adopt better practices, ‘riot’ like protests replete with burning cars in the street will continue, as if any of our city streets should resemble some war torn village across the ocean! I’m pissed and yet I don’t have the worry that people of color in this country have any time they might interact with the police. Seven point blank shots in the back of an unarmed man. It’s a helluva thing to be scared to call the police for help. Things gotta change and that’s no bull.

It's a mess. A tangled, complicated mess. What we see playing out in front of our eyes is a window into race relations in this country. Many people want a quick, cut and dried sure fire solution, but such a thing doesn't exist. Things didn't get like this overnight, it's been 400 years in the making. I have faith that the collective "we" can fix this, but it's going to take time and hard work. I know what my part in effecting change is, that's why I'm on the path I'm on, but it's going to take contributions from all walks of life, all races, all faiths, all Americans to make this better.

It's a scary reality out there when the police who know they are under very close scrutiny and watched in every aspect of their job can still do this sort of thing. One would think they would err on the side of caution.

It's like a store employee who knows there are security cameras everywhere yet still dips their hands into the till....what kind of dumb exists???

It's a scary reality out there when the police who know they are under very close scrutiny and watched in every aspect of their job can still do this sort of thing. One would think they would err on the side of caution.

It's like a store employee who knows there are security cameras everywhere yet still dips their hands into the till....what kind of dumb exists???
I don’t get it either and somehow it will be viewed as justified.

the guy on video is talking common sense, the last thing you want to do is go back to car and try to get in with a cop pointing a gun at you. that's just daring them to shoot you. I have had a couple interactions with the police while carrying a firearm, I tell them I have a weapon on me and where it is. there has never been problem with them, they say ok and thanks for telling them about it and carry on normally .

the guy on video is talking common sense, the last thing you want to do is go back to car and try to get in with a cop pointing a gun at you. that's just daring them to shoot you. I have had a couple interactions with the police while carrying a firearm, I tell them I have a weapon on me and where it is. there has never been problem with them, they say ok and thanks for telling them about it and carry on normally .
If you really think that black and white interactions with police are the same based on your own experience as a member of only one of those two groups then you are missing the point.
The guy in the video is making you feel comfortable by repackaging your beliefs in a brown bag, and providing you with deniability. He has his 30 pieces of silver.

Police are being ambushed, killed and injured by the hundreds. Not many posts about that on here. They are on edge.

Although I don't know why one of the other officers did not use a taser after the first one failed It was said he had a knife and he said he had a gun in the car. I would hold judgement until the details are released. He has a history of resisting arrest. If he did not have a knife in his hand or a gun in the car the officer will be punished.

If you listen to an officer orders you will not get shot. Why do so many people these days just ignore orders from police?

This was from an article a read.

Local news in Wisconsin reports that Blake was charged by Kenosha County prosecutors prior to his altercation with the police on accusations of sexual assault, trespassing, and disorderly conduct in connection with domestic abuse.

An arrest warrant had been issued on July 7th, although it is unclear if the encounter with police officers that led to his shooting was linked to that warrant.

Blake had a history of resisting arrest, having previously done so when officers attempted to arrest him following an incident in which he pulled a gun on bar patrons in Racine, a town just north of Kenosha, in 2015.

The shooting of Blake and subsequent hospitalization has led to a second outbreak of riots, looting, and violence in American cities, with the epicenter in Kenosha itself, a county that voted for Donald Trump by a slim margin in 2016.

150 members of the Wisconsin National Guard have been deployed to Kenosha, although rioters appear to be undaunted, continuing to lay waste to vehicles and local businesses for the second night in a row.

Even if there were evidence that police officers were being "ambushed, killed, and injured by the hundreds" (there isn't) you're drawing a false equivalency. People choose to become police officers, if their chosen profession makes them feel "on edge" then they should seek other employment.
Plenty of instances where people have been shot while complying with police directives, that argument doesn't track.
Past history of criminal activity isn't a valid reason for use of force, that argument doesn't track either.

Even if there were evidence that police officers were being "ambushed, killed, and injured by the hundreds" (there isn't) you're drawing a false equivalency. People choose to become police officers, if their chosen profession makes them feel "on edge" then they should seek other employment.
Plenty of instances where people have been shot while complying with police directives, that argument doesn't track.
Past history of criminal activity isn't a valid reason for use of force, that argument doesn't track either.

Just look up police ambushed. Just look up all the police injured in the riots.

I don't know of any police that wouldn't be on edge. They always have to be ready in normal times. These aren't normal times.

Also more training? Police are being defunded. No dollars for that anymore.

Past criminal activity is more reason for police to be more cautious when approaching someone with a history of violence and resisting arrest.

Gone for the rest of the day. I may reply tomorrow. I know you like the last word :poke:

Not sure how we assigned the term "ambushed" to officers responding to a home invasion, or the ones in Missouri who were talking to the man who shot them at his house, but even if you insist that the term is applicable, that's hardly the "hundreds" you mentioned.
Although the dangerous job narrative is one which is often deployed in terms of police officers, in fact it doesn't even make the top 10 most dangerous professions in the US. I don't feel bad that fishermen are injured or killed in the course of undertaking a job they were well aware was dangerous when they chose it, at least not any more than I feel badly for the loved ones of any person who passes away. Not sure why those involved in less dangerous professions are supposed to be afforded such deference.
I'll say it again so that I'm clear, policing is a job. People are fired from their jobs and prosecuted for their wrongdoing every single day. Why do some folks have this idea that police officers are somehow beyond reproach? What we see is clearly unnecessary force, time and time again. It's incredibly ironic that the "I hate government overreach" folk are the same ones who go through such incredible mental and logical contortions to try and justify something so clearly wrong.

The police lost control of the situation (they) were called on to handle. (They) let him walk away, (they) didn’t tackle him before he got to the car, (they) stupidly drew their weapon on an unarmed man and (they) followed behind instead of preventing him from getting to the car door. What was the second cop’s responsibility? Onlooker? Following a suspect with gun drawn is stupid. (They) already knew he was resisting and not following orders. Take him down already! He wasn’t Hulk Hogan. And then, pulling on a stretchy undershirt instead of pulling on the suspect was also stupid. If the cop had used both hands (on the suspect) instead of using one hand on a flimsy undershirt while stupidly holding onto a drawn hand gun, the suspect would not have opened the car door to access the imagined weapon inside. Maybe hiring ex soldiers as cops is also stupid. Trying to replace soldiering with policing tactics is quite hard. Soldiers are deployed to war zones where its kill or be killed. That’s (not) police work! And I don’t know if the shooter was an ex GI or not but if a survey was taken I’d bet the majority of police hires are. Training and supervision is severely lacking it seems. When an educated and properly trained training officer watches these videos he will use them as a (what not to do) scenario, pointing out just what I’ve described.

If only there were some sensible middle ground where cops didn't shoot people they didn't have to, and we still had cops.....you know, like how almost every other developed nation does it.
HI. Here we go again! Well if it looks,walks and quacks like a duck [there is a very good chance it is a duck. You can not jump into a hungry tiger cage and think you are going to be OK. You can not sit down with him and pet him or her [ hold on a sec, it may be a non binary tiger or a male tiger who thinks it is a feMALE tiger or the other way around.] Anyway you will most likely be eaten. Would you have waited to see if he would have pulled out a gun? That is why I would never become a officer. It is not black or white. Bad guys do not where a uniform. Neither did the VC. Shoot don t shoot is your life on the line! This is why I have my gun and my back-up gun and knife with me 24/7 Yes it is with me when I an sleeping. Well if this is 100% military this is what I was taught.

So is this guy deaf or blind? What culture do we live in where we have 2 cops, both of which have guns drawn and it's OK to just walk away and head towards your vehicle? Do we get 6 cops next time?

If I have ONE cop ask me to comply, and he threatens to use force, the LAST thing I think I want to do is A)walk away from him and B)attempt to enter my vehicle.

Somehow we now have a culture of if I don't want to comply with an officer, I can simply walk away and do whatever the eff I want to. Oh wait.........yeah we do now.

Back