Keep 07 or buy 08?

Well, coming from a Previouse 08 Hater. Listen Very Carefully "GET THE 08, YOU WILL NOT MISS YOUR GEN-1" Sorry for Screaming SO Freaking LOUD but............. :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown: The 08 Rules. I Got a Ticket to Prove It !!!!!!!!!! :down:

I'm thinking of doing that very thing. What's your impression of the Gen 1 vs. Gen 2? Performance...handling...etc...

Most people think the changes are minor.??? Not true !!:poke:
Riding both i can tell you the Gen2 is better in every way:thumbsup:

Well, coming from a Previouse 08 Hater. Listen Very Carefully "GET THE 08, YOU WILL NOT MISS YOUR GEN-1" Sorry for Screaming SO Freaking LOUD but............. :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown: The 08 Rules. I Got a Ticket to Prove It !!!!!!!!!! :down:
I know someone who got a ticket on a go cart. So whats your point?:rofl:

Seems like that old fork in the road deal and you can't decide which way to go. ???

The left: Gen 1, fast as heck, already moded to perfection, you know your baby

The right: Gen 2, faster than heck, will need moded(more money), you already have one even though it is the wife's bike.

Decision 08:rofl:

I personally like the gen1 over the gen2 for the following reasons:

better looking
lower CR=lower octane=less cost to operate
buy in is cheaper
3 power selection is a waste and something else to break
Better 2up/touring because of fuel selection SHOULD = better fuel mileage(higher hp rides require more fuel to operate)

of course....another busa in my garage would be strictly a touring rig.

Well I've seen most recommendations already made but here's a thought. Keep the 07, save your pennies and find yourself a nice low mileage 08 in a year or so at a nice discount off new price. By that time there will be plenty of used Gen II parts hitting the classifieds and ebay. :thumbsup:

Question for you people out there. I have a 2007 Black Hayabusa that is modified all to hell and back. Been wanting to get a 2nd gen bike. I have had some people tell me keep my bike and forget the 2nd gen. What should I do? Trade in the 07 and loos money and get a 2nd gen busa or keep the 07. How many on here still have their 1st gen? What would you do? I do NOT want the 09 at all. The colors to me are bad. Plus, no change from a 08 and a 09. If I was going to get a 08 it would be the burnt orange and black. What should I do?

Man get the White 09. That thing is HOT. Yeah keep the first one also.:thumbsup:
If I had it like that I'd have both. My wife will only let me have one for now.:angry:

Well I've seen most recommendations already made but here's a thought. Keep the 07, save your pennies and find yourself a nice low mileage 08 in a year or so at a nice discount off new price. By that time there will be plenty of used Gen II parts hitting the classifieds and ebay. :thumbsup:
Now thats advice you can live by :beerchug:
No doubt the 2nd gen is an awesome bike, but the back end is just ugly as hell. Definately killed alot of my interest in getting one. I'll probably still pick up a nice low mileage used one in a couple of years for cheap...but that ass killed any thoughts of ponying up for a new one :banghead:

Ride and enjoy yours. In 2010 everone will be selling their o8s cheep.At least then you will have gotten some enjoyment out of it to off set the loss.

i say get the 08 orange/black. it is sexy

powder coated 106.JPG

Back