Main bearing, 08 crankshaft in 07 casing

Bought a new 08 crankshaft put in a gen 1 (07) cassing stamped BBBBA and the crankshaft stamped BBBAB. I put brown, brown, brown, black, black for 08 main bearing. Torque down to spec 28lb it's wider than .001 on plastigage it's 1/16" wider. Can't rotate. Can anyone tell me what bearings do I need. Crank shows 1.575 with a micrometer.
I was told I need to put green but
Green shows it goes to 1.5748. There is no clearance. I'm running a hayabusa 500-575 HP. Thanks

Hit up Jay from APE in a pm. He should be able to point you in the right direction. Or call him...I am sure he would help you out. Maybe someone will post up soon with your answer...I am just bumping you back to the top.

Also...I may need to know this soon as well......:whistle:

There is a bit of info in this thread
https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/engine-performance-mods/82508-changing-gen-1-crank-gen-2-a.html

Basically the crank pin clearance is set up tighter on the Gen II. Also the bearing clearance range is different on the Gen I and Gen II. If I remember correctly the range is divided into 3 colors of bearings on the Gen I and 4 colors on the Gen II. The Rod pin clearance and bearings are the same.

You'll have to compare both service manuals for the correct info. However you have to keep in mind the colors spec'd also take in account the case bore diminsions.

I thought I posted some more details in another thread, but I didn't find it in a quick search I just did.

Last edited:
Back