K9 First decent ride and pics

jellyrug

Donating Member
Registered
Purchased the K9 in January, but after 32 miles went overseas. Sunday was the first decent ride with new gear, 200 miles, all dressed up. Last time I had a road bike was mid 70's yes I'm old as dirt.

Wifey says: "You want me to get on the back of this rocket ship!!!?"
Home.jpg
Two up in C mode and first stop a few miles from home at the Arlington hotel for brunch did the trick.
Arlington.jpg
Halfway from Hot Springs in Ola Arkansas, we stop at the "Twist and Grip." We just broke all our previous land speed records in the good ol' US of A.
Twist&Grip.jpg
Harleys everywhere, not too eager to talk to a metric biker and I'm careful, cause they just might grip and twist me!!!
Harley.jpg
Wifey says: "I smell a Harley!!"
Smell Harleys.jpg
Huh, and I thought I was old as dirt?
Trikes.jpg
After leaving Ola, we ride twisties all the way and arrive at destination Mount Magazine, highest point in Arkansas.
scenery.jpg
Lunch at the restaurant, the chair decides my jacket is too heavy and falls over backwards. Wifey went to the bathroom, hung her jacket over the cubicle and the door fell off. WTF, how do you drag a knee with this stuff, it's so tight I can't even open my legs! Have to try real hard to slip those booties under the gear lever. And then to get my feet onto the pegs with them leathers, phew! Maybe those Harley riders are smart, no gear no helmets, no Ninja Turtles?
Chair.jpg
We head back home and again stop halfway at the "Twist and Grip", but this time only metric bikes! They all talk and make friends, not like the Harley dudes.
Metric.jpg
Even the toughest competition out there, the mighty ZX14 makes friends!
ZX14.jpg
After Ola we head home and even in C mode the Busa just wants to run, after meeting that ZX14. It gave us 47 miles a gallon, with no incidents, other than a deer crossing the road about 100 yards in front of us. Wifey has a sore butt, but we can't wait for our next ride, which will be Eureka Springs in a couple of days.

Home.jpg

Arlington.jpg

Twist&Grip.jpg

Harley.jpg

Smell Harleys.jpg

Trikes.jpg

scenery.jpg

Chair.jpg

Metric.jpg

ZX14.jpg

hey jellyrug,
that sure looks like a sweet ride....gr8 pics, m8 !
but 4get about C & B mode......keep it in "A" all da way & keep it fun !! :thumbsup:

Nice to see people not afraid to step out of their comfort zones and being glad they did!:beerchug:

More good times to follow, right on! :thumbsup:

Back