K&N Air Filter

I know this is bringing back the dead with this thread but I have to vent. Normally I have used Amsoil filters for my bikes. But this one time I used a K%n. Amsoil filters better but I thought I would just try it because it has that wrench piece at the end. Biggest mistake ever. That fking filter was stuck on so tight the end piece just twisted and stripped out. I had to remove the fairing and hammer and chisel the fking thing to get it off. I have never ever had this happen with the stock or amsoil filters before ever. What should have been a 20 minute job has turned into 2 hours of hell. Im so freaking pissed right now. I will never use one of these filters ever again. And no I didnt tighten it to tight. Ive done it many many times over the years. Not even the factory filter was this hard to get off and you know how they tighten those down when they send them out. So maybe Im the only one that has had this happen but this is ridiculous. I oiled it before I put it on and everything was done to spec. I should have never switched from Amsoil in the first place. Guess that is what i get. I need to drink and calm down. I will have to wait till tomorrow to put the fresh oil and AMSOIL filter back on.
pardon the abbreviated profane rant . Love my busa brothers and sisters!
Your right bro , those buggers can be bad , but i reckon other makes can do it too , dont ask me how i know..... bloody exhaust , not much room !!

Your right bro , those buggers can be bad , but i reckon other makes can do it too , dont ask me how i know..... bloody exhaust , not much room !!
That's why I only use OEM, they cost about the same and in my opinion work just as well or better.

As the Suzuki dealership is over an hour away, I buy a few when I go there.

I had a K&N filter "weld" on my GSXR once and it was a real bear to get off...I have a filter wrench which is real aggressive and that took it off...

That's why I only use OEM, they cost about the same and in my opinion work just as well or better.

As the Suzuki dealership is over an hour away, I buy a few when I go there.

I had a K&N filter "weld" on my GSXR once and it was a real bear to get off...I have a filter wrench which is real aggressive and that took it off...
Yes , I like the Suzuki filter best too , but had to get a filter tool other than the factory Suzuki tool so I can use them . The 3/8 drive tools I process to use do not fit in the limited space because my exhaust restricts access , even modded the actual filter tool thickness .

Yes , I like the Suzuki filter best too , but had to get a filter tool other than the factory Suzuki tool so I can use them . The 3/8 drive tools I process to use do not fit in the limited space because my exhaust restricts access , even modded the actual filter tool thickness .
Lots of guys just stick a screwdriver into it and take it off with that...probably work ok until it doesn't...

Back