K&N Air Filter

Can you tell a big difference if you go with an K&N air filter?
Nope... The main benefit is being able to clean it instead of replace it...
biggrin.gif

+1 i can't tell the difference w/ my k&n filter either. i would of kept the stock if i had known this. save your hard earned cash.
smile.gif

Do not know, I have a BMC and can tell the difference w/ it and the Marble job.
Same here...I have a BMC street filter and I can feel a diff. Sharpened up the throttle response abit and makes a cool intake growl. I wasn't overly impressed with the BMC quality tho...mine was manufactured crooked...it fits and works well, but any further off and it wouldn't have
mad.gif
I think the BMC breathes better but the K&N is a higher quality product...I know cause' I've owned plenty
wink.gif

Any filter either K&N or BMC will make a difference in proformance, you may on gain like 2HP but its also a better built filter than the stock POS. I also found replacing the Oil filter with a K&N or Amsoil felt different. Oil types such as Synthetic or semi-Synthetic have different feels also.

What ever you do will most likely change the feel of your bike.. mostly from good to better depending on what your aiming for and what brands you go with.

Replace the Filter +1

theres a write up by i think brock. and the dyno results say stock bike KEEP STOCK AIR FILTER .you lose a couple horse with the others.

Nothing except no filter at all flows better than a Suzuki stock paper filter. K&N's are fine for re-usability but cut power on a Busa.

Have you ever been to a auto part chain store and seen a K&N filtercharger display? They compare flow to a very thick (double thickness) paper filter vs. an unoiled K&N.

<!--EDIT|grabntwist
Reason for Edit: None given...|1130902957 -->

I know this is bringing back the dead with this thread but I have to vent. Normally I have used Amsoil filters for my bikes. But this one time I used a K%n. Amsoil filters better but I thought I would just try it because it has that wrench piece at the end. Biggest mistake ever. That fking filter was stuck on so tight the end piece just twisted and stripped out. I had to remove the fairing and hammer and chisel the fking thing to get it off. I have never ever had this happen with the stock or amsoil filters before ever. What should have been a 20 minute job has turned into 2 hours of hell. Im so freaking pissed right now. I will never use one of these filters ever again. And no I didnt tighten it to tight. Ive done it many many times over the years. Not even the factory filter was this hard to get off and you know how they tighten those down when they send them out. So maybe Im the only one that has had this happen but this is ridiculous. I oiled it before I put it on and everything was done to spec. I should have never switched from Amsoil in the first place. Guess that is what i get. I need to drink and calm down. I will have to wait till tomorrow to put the fresh oil and AMSOIL filter back on.
pardon the abbreviated profane rant . Love my busa brothers and sisters!

Anyway I couldnt find my thread on getting oil analysis done but now that I have samples from both amsoil and Alisyn pro drive I am gonna send both in and see which one shows better results. Sending it off in a couple of weeks. Should prove interesting

I know this is bringing back the dead with this thread but I have to vent. Normally I have used Amsoil filters for my bikes. But this one time I used a K%n. Amsoil filters better but I thought I would just try it because it has that wrench piece at the end. Biggest mistake ever. That fking filter was stuck on so tight the end piece just twisted and stripped out. I had to remove the fairing and hammer and chisel the fking thing to get it off. I have never ever had this happen with the stock or amsoil filters before ever. What should have been a 20 minute job has turned into 2 hours of hell. Im so freaking pissed right now. I will never use one of these filters ever again. And no I didnt tighten it to tight. Ive done it many many times over the years. Not even the factory filter was this hard to get off and you know how they tighten those down when they send them out. So maybe Im the only one that has had this happen but this is ridiculous. I oiled it before I put it on and everything was done to spec. I should have never switched from Amsoil in the first place. Guess that is what i get. I need to drink and calm down. I will have to wait till tomorrow to put the fresh oil and AMSOIL filter back on.
pardon the abbreviated profane rant . Love my busa brothers and sisters!
You threw me off as this post is about air filters and you are talking oil filter...

I was wondering how you could hammer and chisel an air filter...:lol:

I only use OEM

lol sorry I saw K%n and didnt look any further ....lol lord. lol
Once for some reason, I ordered a K&N oil filter before I did my first oil change and when the time came, the oil filter wouldn't fit the threads...when I compared it to the old OEM filter the threads were different.

I took both to the bike shop I bought it off and they were surprised but ordered me an OEM one at no cost and expedited the order to the next day for me...

K&N air filters I have all the time in the world for, I've seen the data on them overseas in our vehicles.

I never had issues with K&N oil filters or there air filters when I have used them Having said that I like using OEM style filters lately :thumbsup:

Back