Just so I know

RedBusarider

Registered
I have been searching for rearsets that adjust LOWER than the stock ones. Gen I.

In almost every case I see UP and BACK. That makes since for the track or twisty roads.

I would like more room, for longer highway runs and or cross-country trips.
If they are adjustable, then I could always adjust them if I wanted to do a track day.

So my question is do they make any that are lower (than stock) by 1 inch or more? Much less than 1 inch would
have me wondering if they were worth the expense. Seems to me 1 of the problems with going lower
is the exhaust pipes would have to be cleared. So it almost seems like they would have to go outward and then down.
That may very well be the reason they are not made?

Searching also lead me to believe that some of the units made in the past 10 years or so, are no longer being made.

So IF anyone has any experience with lowered rearsets I would like to hear about it.

Thanks in advance for any help or knowledge you can pass along.

I have the Buell peg mod (if you search you'll find it) and they look stock and moved my legs down.
Hoping I won't need them much longer after the hip surgery, but only time will tell this season.

You can try a taller seat too.
Fold up a towel and put it on the seat, sit on it, go for a cruise.
If it seems like it helps, seats are easy to fix.
If a taller seat makes the bars too low, bar risers and/or helibars will raise them up.

Get a set of Protek Pegs they will lower your feet 1"-1.5" from factory make a huge difference and one heck of a lot cheaper than new rearsets..

Like Bots said the Buel peg mod will do the trick and won't hurt your wallet much either :whistle:

Get a set of Protek Pegs they will lower your feet 1"-1.5" from factory make a huge difference and one heck of a lot cheaper than new rearsets..

First thing on their site says one inch up and back.

That's the opposite of what I want, But thanks for the link.

Here's a pic, not sure how good you can see them. I could lift up the cover tonight and snap a pic if you need it. Gen 1 and Gen 2 rearsets are pretty close to the same as far as looking at them.

412594_3691914770163_438827032_o.jpg

458237_3732079194820_1433062556_o.jpg

285934_4159529320806_1686417180_o.jpg

412594_3691914770163_438827032_o.jpg

Beull pegs are great if all you want is to lower it . Plus it ALOT cheaper

Buell does seem to be the least expensive option.

I'm somewhat concerned about the strength of the Buells.
Would hate to have one break, especially while riding.

Buell does seem to be the least expensive option. I'm somewhat concerned about the strength of the Buells. Would hate to have one break, especially while riding.

I can ASSURE you they aren't gonna break. I was totally worried about that as well. I'm no little guy and I had hip issues the last two years requiring me to stand on the pegs quite frequently to stretch out. The buell pegs aren't gonna break on you. Trust me.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Have to agree with Bots. I have the Buell pegs also and I'm 340. No issues with standing on them.

Back