I know this has been covered

kennym4

Registered
I know we have talked about how some Busa's are very jumpy at low revs, a FEW TIMES !! But I was wondering if a (here we go  
flamethrowingsmiley.gif
) TRE would help ? It's starting to bug me. I LOVE riding my bike !! Above 3000 rpm it's nothing but s#@t's, and giggles !! But when I'm in traffic, or on low speed roads (25 mph, and under) I feel like my bike is a piece of crap. (sorry baby, I know it's not your fault) My idle is now sitting right on top of the one, would this be 1150 ? I don't know about chain slack, but mine feels VERY lose, could this cause the bike to be jumpy, and do you need a stand to adjust your chain ?  

Anyway, I read on hear a few times that a TRE really smoothes out the lower rpm's, do you think I could benifit from installing one ?

THANKS FOR ANY HELP YOU CAN OFFER !!
                    KENNY

Your idle is almost too low. Try setting it at 1200 or higher.

I could see that if your chain is loose it would be jerky. But I'm no machanic.
Take a tape measure and see how much it moves up .....the shop manual in "do'it yourself maintance" forum is great....

Mine is the same way. Your clutch is your friend at low speeds. You can modulate a lot of the low speed herky-jerky stuff out with it. Slip the clutch slightly when you apply throttle at parking lot/stop light speeds, smooths things out a lot. Next to impossible to do it with throttle control only.

Back