Just rode it home (Brrrrrrrrrrrrrr !!!)

Wild Boar

Registered
Picked up my new 2009 today .
Rode home on the freeway in some 38 degree weather, about 35 miles.
I've ridden Harley dressers the last 20+ years (I'm 56) .
I gotta say this is WAAAAAY different than anything i ever rode and will definately take some getting used to. I think the first thing I'll do is get the
1 and 5/8 inch risers . I'm kinda sore from tilting my head so far back to be able to see straight ahead . Legs are a little sore too from the riding position. I definately like it, but like i said it will take some getting used to.
No fun riding anything in 30 degree weather and I'm sure that didn't help the comfort level either, but i just couldn't wait to get her home !!
More reports to follow.
Wild Boar

Picked up my new 2009 today .
Rode home on the freeway in some 38 degree weather, about 35 miles.
I've ridden Harley dressers the last 20+ years (I'm 56) .
I gotta say this is WAAAAAY different than anything i ever rode and will definately take some getting used to. I think the first thing I'll do is get the
1 and 5/8 inch risers . I'm kinda sore from tilting my head so far back to be able to see straight ahead . Legs are a little sore too from the riding position. I definately like it, but like i said it will take some getting used to.
No fun riding anything in 30 degree weather and I'm sure that didn't help the comfort level either, but i just couldn't wait to get her home !!
More reports to follow.
Wild Boar

Stretching and a bit of Yoga solves those problems fast. Ask me how I know.:whistle:

Welcome dude!! First ride of the season neck, wrists, shoulders ect....usually always sore... After a little getting used to, like you said you'll have no problems at all!!!!!

Best of luck with the new Busa! I'm 59. Have had a bike continuously since 1972. Never a Harley or a Dresser. Closest thing is my CBX sport tourer. The Busa is my first Sportbike. I got the helibars ( riser bars ), but haven't felt the need for Buell pegs ( lower peg position ) yet. The new position took some getting used to. It's not that is really uncomfortable, just different from what you are used to. You are gonna luv your Busa! :cheerleader::cheerleader:

Last edited:
From someone that had a lot of pain problems when I started riding; I could hardly make it a half hour at a time.

Genmar Risers AND Helibars will change your riding position. Also, as you ride, your body and muscles will adjust so it's not so bad. I could probably ride all day without the mods now, but I'm glad I've got them. 3/4 Genmar and Helibar. Do a search you'll find a thread or post I made with pics.....

I rode Cruisers most of my life, Took me about 3 good rides to get used to the position, Wrists and Neck were a little sore.

After riding Misty for about a year I bought a Cruiser to ride back and forth to work on, It felt sooooo uncomfortable it was crazy, I even found myself putting my feet on the back pegs so it would feel right.

Alls well no, Body has adapted to both bikes.

congrats on the new bike, shouldn't take to long to get use to the riding position glad to hear you made it home safely

Back