Just had to put my cat to sleep

atticdog

Registered
The last month or so  he lost alot of weight and was vomiting, so we brought him to the vet and they did blood work and then an ultrasound thinking it was a blockage. It wasnt a blockage, they diagnosed him with FIP(Feline Infectious Peritonitis) We have been force feeding him for awhile and he looked to be getting better, then yesterday he would goto the water bowl then drink then lay there with his face almost in the water.Last night he did the same and pee'd in the same spot. Today he wouldnt walk and was crying alot so we decided it had to be done. I miss him but my wife is taking it really hard.
This is him all heathy just 2 months ago

<!--EDIT|atticdog
Reason for Edit: None given...|1100560699 -->

That sucks, bro....but at least you did the right thing by not extending his discomfort. Remember the fun, the sorrow will pass....
sad.gif

So sorry...he was beautiful too. And yes, you did the right thing to end his suffering.

Dude, did the exact same thing last year to my Black cat...  She wasn't able to be a cat anymore, and do cat things, so after 19 years, had her put to sleep...  Still brings tears to my eyes, *Sniffle*...  
smile.gif
 I know how you feel though man, it was super hard to let go, but I have seen the horrible consequences of trying to extend a pets life through dramatic measures and it's just not worth it...  You did the right thing.

<!--EDIT|Revlis
Reason for Edit: None given...|1100552398 -->

Yeah that sucks.. sorry to hear that.

My wife and I put one of our cats down two years ago. It was my wifes little baby. Had her for a long time.. a real sweet cat. but she had cancer and she was getting real bad.

We took her into the vet to put her down. My wife was holding her and stroking her and she was softly purring. the vet gave her the shot and my wife kept stroking her.. and then my wife looked at me and softly said "she isnt purring anymore" She held her while she took her last breath

It took all I had not to start blubbering like a baby when she said that.

I feel for you... but at least we live in an environment that we have the option to put them to sleep so they dont suffer any longer. Sometimes when our pets get so sick it is best to put them down.

Man, I feel for you. My wife and I have two cats, one looks exactly like yours except he is 19 pounds.....I can't imagine loosing him, garfield lookin' thing lays upside down on my seat and bats at me while I'm working on the bike, if there is an upside.....lots of kittys out there need homes...

I'm so sorry to hear that, almost brought tears to my eyes after reading this. But just like everyone else said, you did the right thing.

Sorry about your loss. I know how you feel growing up I've lost 4 dogs. Just remember the good and things will get better.
Here's my black cat, Onyx. She was hiding in a box getting ready to pounc on a toy mouse.

onyx.jpg

thats sad attic ,,,, ya know theres cat lovers and theres cat haters out there ..... to bad the haters never had one as a pet, they would feel for ya like I do..... cats are just to cool

Sorry to hear about your kitty. I love cats so much! I almost started crying when reading about your cat. You guys did the right thing. I had 2 rats for a long time and when my favorite rat "TECHNO" died I was so deprest. I had to put him to sleep because he had a tumor in his stomach and he started loosing weight and was suffering. I could'nt watch him suffer anymore. What's also sad is that my other rat "CHLOE" got lonely and deprest after TECHNO was gone and she died shortly after. We had a funeral for each of them and made a little bed for them with a picture of me and my husband so they can remember us! I miss them!Ii have 2 cats now named JITTERBUG and DIESEL. Sorry again about your cat.:(

Sad news Atticdog. I've got a black cat that's about 13 years old, and he is my buddy. I'm not looking forward to the day he goes.

We've also got a 14-1/2 year old Golden Retriever that is going to have to be put down pretty soon, so I truely feel for ya.
sad.gif

They are family...when you lose a pet, it hurts...
sad.gif

I'm so sorry you had to put him down...you did the right thing...

..he is going to pet-heaven..

..can't even start thinking how I'll feel when my dog will be on his way there..
sad.gif

I'm so sorry, you have my condolences and my sympathy. When our cat Niki had to go, REv couldn't handle it. She'd been his buddy for her whole life. SHe was a great cat, and we both still miss her. For about 3 months afterwards, I kept seeing her out of the corner of my eye - she was such a part of our lives and routines, it took a lot of getting used to. Eventually we'll get more kitties...

Sorry about that. I too have a love for cats and my black cat is named Lizard. She looks like yours. shes chunky too.

Sorry Attic

Roy

Thanks for all the support it is really appreciated
Since my other cat is only 1  1/2 years old and always had a friend we decided to get a kitten so she wont be lonely here is a pic of the new little guy

He is 6 weeks old and doesnt have a name yet any ideas?
My wife sed no to busa as a name but she came up with Nitro since he is so active running and hopping  but we havent decided yet

Wow! Love the bright blue reflection in his eyes - kinda creepy!
What a looker though - a little cassanova
tounge.gif

*sigh*  We'll get a couple of kittens when we get settled.  I miss having a lap warmer around the house...

<!--EDIT|Mrs. Revlis
Reason for Edit: None given...|1101094305 -->

Back