Just Got Some New Meat Mounted

what the crap??? 500 ... hells no...
guns.gif

jump9.gif
My thoughts exactly!!!!!

Thanks for lookin out Poppa......only thing is....shipping, duty and the damn taxes puts them at just over $450 CDN then I gotta get em mounted and balanced up here......still cheaper, but I only paid $400 for my Michelin Pilots.
Gonna have to stay with them I guess......just no winning!!

It is time for me to rear my ride also.  Considering the Pilots, the Diablos and now the Avons.

The roads are wet in Oregon about 1/2 the time. Its there a tire in the above mentioned that is better suited for wet conditions?

<span style='color:red'><span style='font-size:15pt;line-height:100%'><marquee>Hey Big P:
What is your M.O.S.?</marquee></span></span>

no clearance problems, she tends to be even more stable... like if there were any problems before...

mos ... what is that?
rock.gif
???

6152 CH-46E Structural Mechanic / Hydraulics - Airframes-

Currently Quality Assurance Chief - OOOHHHH RRaAAAHHH
guns.gif
jump9.gif
jump9.gif

jump9.gif

Update

I just got back from Palomar Mountain... Beautiful day to go out. I had to test the Avons
laugh.gif
Tires stuck and boogger'd them up pretty good. Did not slip once.
cool.gif
I am impressed with these tires, now lets see how the longevity is. No shiat, tires stuck whatever line I was on... bike and tires were very forgiving, if I was on a wrong line, it was not hard at all to get back on track. Luv the boogers all the way over.... be safe

guns.gif
jump9.gif
jump9.gif

jump9.gif

......post a pic with the 200 on will ya!!
Here's a pic of my 200 ST46ZR.

These will be my second pair.

They lean in like a 180. The design tauts what the company calls a VBD (Varible Belt Density). It has more densely placed strands of Kevlar belts toward the middle part and more scattered belts as you get to the outer part of the tyre.

The tyre comes with a 'Road Warranty' and they WILL REPLACE the tyre IF you have a problem or road hazrd within your first 1mm of wear. FREE!

SP doesn't come in a 200. 190 only.

These tyres are amazing. When you lean, the VBD stretches and actually gives you a larger footprint on the road (as explained by Avon Tech at Company Office here in Edmonds, WA) I was totally thrilled when after I had scrubbed mine in and went for an accellerated curve at speed. The more I leaned, the more it wanted to accept. I was like I was standing straight up!!

All told, no burnouts(for the sake of seeing how far they would go) I reached the half way point with about 4500 miles on them and plenty left to go.

A truly understated and amazing 'tyre'.
cool.gif

Well put Cookie:cool: I have to agree "A truly understated and amazing tyre"...Ive got 12k miles on the bike, this will be my third rear... So far this is the tire for me....luv these
guns.gif
jump9.gif

You ever parked and people start asking about them and you say, "Grab the rubber with your hands!", and they look up at you in amazement when it makes a squeeking noise?
biggrin.gif

Damn...now I really wanna try em......roll in like a 180...looks of the 200, and sticky too.. what more could ya want!!!!
Oh yeah....a better price in Canada.....back to the search!!!
Gotta be able to find a decent price somewhere up here!!!

ahhhh at last!
found the thread, thanks for the report guys,
AVON's it is, I'm excited to try them out!

so once again, even though these are sport TOURING tires, they handle like twistie sticky 180 tires huh?

if so, then WOW

Back