Just Got Some New Meat Mounted

bigpoppa1969

Registered
Just got my new tires in on tues, I had to hunt the front axle tool down... Instead I used a 1/2 drive 13/16 sparkplug socket. Worked like a charm... Anyways, took the tires in yesturday to get mounted and balanced. Had to wait a couple of hours at the local bike shop... While there I saw a brand spanking new zx10r, sitting in the service area.... well, the bike was trashed. From the neck forward was missing, sides were all jacked up. I looked at the rear to see how much of a pu$$y stripe was there. Guess what, there was a huge stripe. First thing that came to mind was, damn... brand new bike, newbie.... damn.... messing around and see what happens...damn....anyways

Finally got the meat mounted, I got the 200 rear... I went out lastnight for a quick scrub. Went for a 30 min ride. The bike handles different, mind you I have not scrubbed the tires all the way yet. The bike wants to lean itself over rather than having to pull her down. I guess its from the different profile or something. I like the new feel... I will keep everyone posted on the handling and the longevity of the tires... paid 250 for the set... I think it was a good deal???

As far as what happened with the 10, the service people were real hush hush, I dont know why, 3 service people were like, hummm I really dont know...parts are on order... no one knew or wouldnt speak up....

Nice rubber!! I've got those Avon's on my Honda ST1300 and they made a big difference for the better in the curves and in the rain. Love 'em, but I had to go with the Diablo's for my Busa!

yea man keep us posted,cause im thinking of getting same
one
smile.gif

One thing Ive noticed.... the actual rubber on the tires are a whole lot softer to the touch than the bt020's. Hmmmmm, I hope that this means that they will stick better than the 020,s. We will see once I have them scrubb'd in..... Very meaty tire.

I just mounted a set of Avon st 49 and 50 on the 03 Busa last Friday and love them so far . The lean in is way smoother and easier than with the stock rubber . I stayed with the 190 on the rear . I was torn between the Pilot sports and the Avons and decided to try the Avon and save a little cash this time . So far I like them and will probably go with them again unless they do something wierd before I wear them out .

That's cool. I just met a guy last week with a set of Avon's on his Gixx 750. Nice lookin' tire. That was my first up close and personal look at them. Guy said that they handled real well in the twisties. I just mounted some Metzeler Sportec M1's on mine. Was torn between the Metzeler, Pilot Sport, Diablo, or the Avon. Have heard nothing but good so far about the Avons.

Brian

I don't know about you guys/gals, but everytime I see or hear the name "Avon," I think of a woman in a pink cadillac and a poop load of cosmetics...
laugh.gif
biggrin.gif

<!--EDIT|bacharles
Reason for Edit: None given...|1084561573 -->

KEEP US POSTED IM ABOUT A MONTH OUT FROM NEW TIRES AND I AM VERY INTERESTED IN THE AVON .. 45/46 ... WEAR. HOW THEY STICK ETC. THANKS
biggrin.gif

250 is a great deal. I have a friend that swears by Avon's. I haven't heard nothin' but good about them so far. Good luck. I ready for another set of Michelin's myself. I'm goin' from the pilot sport to the pilot H2 race. They should hold up for 1,500-2,000 miles or so.

I got about 300 total miles on my Avon 49-50 today and got them over to the edge . No more chicken strips for me.........LOL

They handle better than I expected .

An update after 1000 miles....:flamethrowing:: I tell you what, these tires are bad azzzz... I am really impressed with these tires.. sport touring and all....  they stick, no problems yet... the speed in the twisties have improved compared to the stock and 020's..:cool:  now the other riders that hit the canyon with me are trying to keep up.  They say Ive been practicing or something... Its just that Im more confident in the tires and hit the twisties harder and faster.... I dont see how these tires with hold up, cuz ... no shiat there are pretty soft to the touch....I like these tires, not too pricey either  
guns.gif

jump9.gif

Pic looks good....price was killer...... double that in CDN up here.....should be around $350CDN.....they want $500 for two mounted, balanced!!!

Back